spots/zits

Options
kennie2
kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
what have you tried to get rid or them and has it worked?
my mum always tell me to eat clean as fatty foods make you break out (and boy they do) but even when eating clean i still get them pretty bad!
(black heads too)
so anyone got any good suggestions or tips?

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old son uses the regular stuff from the drug store and always washes his face. We do have a water softener, if yo have hard water that will dry your skin out and cause acne too.
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What is a water softner?
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I found that drinking lots of water helps me a lot. Also, keeping my skin moisturised is helpful, as is not wearing makeup as it blocks your pores.

I don't really get spots that much anymore, maybe three per month, but I had bad skin in my teens and have a lot of red marks left over from that. If you have that problem, just message me & I'll tell you a good product to get rid of them. I say message me because it'll take me a while to dig it out and tell you what it's called so I won't unless you actually need me to :).
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    clindoxyl (prescribed by a doc) Hope this helps
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I would see a doc about it. Everyone will respond differently to treatment. For example, I know a lot of people who swear by Proactiv, and it works super well for them, but when I tried it I actually broke out worse and my skin was too dry (although their sulfur mask is a wonderful product). For me, my skin looks best when I only wash once a day, using Noxzema cleansing cream, and follow up with olive oil to moisturize -- but that won't work for everyone. And on my way to find that combo, I went through a lot of products and had constant breakouts, and my skin is a mess now. Don't put it off. See your family doctor, or find a dermatologist, who can help you find the right solution for you without all the trial and error.
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Duac works for me. It is a prescription medication. My face was clear when I was a teenager, but for some reason as soon as I hit 23 it started to break out like crazy. I tried every OTC cream, scrub, and exfoliator out there... nothing worked until I went to my doctor and he prescribed Duac for me. Now I will get a couple pimples around that time of the month, but nothing like what it used to be, and my face is generally clear the rest of the time.
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm havin the SAME issue. If you're exercising alot, the sweat clogs stuff up... I've started washing my face with acne wash every morning and evening, and then using a mild cleanser after exercising. Seems to be helping it clear up. Kinda sucks to be lookin better (even if the poundage doesn't show it--I can tell) but have my face looking worse.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I loved ProActive, it worked like a charm for me, and you don't need a prescription. Other over the counter scrubs just didn't do anything for me, and neither did a prescription that my dr. gave me.
  • valerie32256
    Options
    I had the same response with Pro Active. A friend of mine had great skin and she told me she was using it and it took some time to clear everything she said so give at least a month before you give up on it....I did and it never did anything for me, it made things worse....It didn't work for me but doesn't mean it might not work for you. I use DOVE sensitive skin bar soap and I use a face sponge to wash my face. Usually in the morning only but sometimes I will wash it at night if I got really sweaty or dirty.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water and oil of evening primrose. Has always worked really well for me
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    300.jpg

&

sudocrem.jpg

&

Plenty of this:

how-to-drink-water.jpg

:happy:
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    ps the burts bees is AMAZING because it's like 99% natural/organic so you're not putting any chemicals on your face! I tried the Pro Activ and it didn't work for me.

Also try this exfoliator once a week:

put lemon juice (fresh squeezed of out a bottle) on a cotton pad, then get a pinch of sugar and rub that all over your face then wash off.

Your skin will be so soft I promise you!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Garnier Exfoliating Expert face scrub is great. I also like clinique products. And, I've recently come across an awesome face mask, Boscia Luminzing Black Mask, which help to retexturize your skin and minimize your pores. Also, try to keep your hands off your face as much as possible, wash yoru face after working out, and drink LOTS of water.