Not losing fat weight. Eating correctly. Please help.

Options
Doing the 30 day Shred. 1st 10 days level. I can feel muscle coming on, but actual decrease in fat is not happening. I eat my calorie limit of approximately 1200 calories even if I have exercised. However, I have read that in order to lose the fat portion of your weight, you need to decrease your calories and increase cardio. I am definitely not starving myself, nor am I over eating, but I feel like I'm not losing any weight. I am gaining muscle but I'm not losing the fat portion of weight. I don't hang out on a scale either. What are some of your ideas?

Replies

• _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You expect too much too soon and without a food and exercise log its hard to tell anything
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining muscle.

You're only eating 1200 calories so how much would you lower your calories to?

Are you sure you're eating 1200 calories? How do you determine this?
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh I've been keeping track of my food intake and exercise log for well over 35 days now. Before I started doing the video I was increasing my cardio significantly. I just decided to do the video because I wanted something to help strengthen the muscles in areas that I haven't used in a while. The video is a lower part of what I'm actually doing but I'm not losing any fat weight. I feel like I'm just maintaining.
  • strong_curves
    Options
    mojo501976 wrote: »
    Oh I've been keeping track of my food intake and exercise log for well over 35 days now. Before I started doing the video I was increasing my cardio significantly. I just decided to do the video because I wanted something to help strengthen the muscles in areas that I haven't used in a while. The video is a lower part of what I'm actually doing but I'm not losing any fat weight. I feel like I'm just maintaining.

So you don't log your food here? Really hard to help you without the data.

Anyway like I said in my post above you could be eating more than 1200 calories. Are you using a food scale for all you eat & drink?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Unless your under 5 foot you are most certainly not maintaining on 1200 calories. Do you use a food scale to weight everything? You're likely overeating.
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes I am actually under 5 feet and yes I do use a food scale. And yes I have been logging on here for more than 35 days logging all my food my water and my exercise
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    Yes I am actually under 5 feet and yes I do use a food scale. And yes I have been logging on here for more than 35 days logging all my food my water and my exercise

Then I got nothin'
  • strong_curves
    Options

Open your diary, that will probably get you more answers.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You changed up your exercise routine 10 days ago, which tends to come with water retention in your muscles that can stall the scale for a bit.

You say you "feel" like you aren't losing and "feel" like you're just maintaining. Are you tracking your weight or using visual cues? It's going to take some time before you see the change in your body.

And I'll echo that it's unlikely you're adding significant amounts of new muscle tissue.
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    You changed up your exercise routine 10 days ago, which tends to come with water retention in your muscles that can stall the scale for a bit.

You say you "feel" like you aren't losing and "feel" like you're just maintaining. Are you tracking your weight or using visual cues? It's going to take some time before you see the change in your body.

And I'll echo that it's unlikely you're adding significant amounts of new muscle tissue.

Oh, I'm sad this post didn't warrant the cut and paste document. LOL
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking? Weighing your food? Picking the correct enteries? Also, you should eat back some exercise calories if you are only eating 1200 calories. You should net 1200 total a day. If you are indeed maintaining then you are not accurately logging your food.