Getting back to who I am

Options
Just started today using MyFoodDiary.com in an effort to get back to who I am -- a fit and active person. Over the last two years I've been struggling with depression and have gained about 15 pounds because I've been so inactive and have been using food to numb my feelings.

I'm no stranger to a food diary -- what is new Is using an online one, and using a message board to write about my weight loss goals. I'm hoping that by trying MyFoodDiary.com that it will help me reach my goals. My goals include:

1. Eat healthy: I'll eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm feeling down. I'll eat at least one meal a day without the distraction of the Internet, TV, a newspaper or book. I'll use MyFoodDiary.com on a daily basis to track my food intake.

2. Exercise: I'll be a more consistent participant at the Tuesday yoga and Saturday yoga/Pilates classes. I'll continue with the cycle core sessions and small group training sessions.

Replies

• ChrisBar11
    Options
    Just started today using MyFoodDiary.com in an effort to get back to who I am -- a fit and active person. Over the last two years I've been struggling with depression and have gained about 15 pounds because I've been so inactive and have been using food to numb my feelings.

I'm no stranger to a food diary -- what is new Is using an online one, and using a message board to write about my weight loss goals. I'm hoping that by trying MyFoodDiary.com that it will help me reach my goals. My goals include:

1. Eat healthy: I'll eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm feeling down. I'll eat at least one meal a day without the distraction of the Internet, TV, a newspaper or book. I'll use MyFoodDiary.com on a daily basis to track my food intake.

2. Exercise: I'll be a more consistent participant at the Tuesday yoga and Saturday yoga/Pilates classes. I'll continue with the cycle core sessions and small group training sessions.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The hard part is starting. Now you've done that, you are on the road to success. Good luck!

winwin