Wedding in 100 days! Need to lose 2" as dress doesn't fit! Help!

Options
I'm 2" too big on bust and waist for my wedding dress! I have 100 days! Is it possible? I'm losing about 0.5lb a week, already lost 33lb. Best way to shift these inches please? Lifting, cardio, dropping calories or all? I know I can't target my weight loss but I can't afford another dress! Thank you

Replies

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would say steady as you go. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe keep a seamstress in the wings if you need to have it let out just a touch right before. Alterations have to happen all the time and there is normally a solid inch or two of fabric in the seams that they can let out. Take your dress to an alterations place just to be sure.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oof, this is why it is usually suggested to buy bigger so you can take it in. Honestly, watch your calories very closely, weigh everything. Some strength training wouldn't hurt I guess? Can your seamstress let it out at all? Can you wear any undergarments that will help? I would try to see what you can do now to make the dress fit the body you currently have rather than depend on losing inches which may or may not happen.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Cardio, weights and a good seamstress...all excellent ideas.

Good luck!!
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Or you can get one of those body wraps that shrinks inches off LOL not that I'm advocating it but as a last resort?

Edited to add that I don't know how it works exactly, maybe water loss? Either way the changes are not permanent.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    thanks guys....I was between 2 sizes so opted for the lower one as I was doing so well in April, totally my fault...and even though I've lost more weight, my bust measurement hasn't moved :( its come off my *kitten* & legs - which will be hidden under my dress lol x
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    and its difficult to let out due to the style of the back of the dress :( Never mind, I'll do it...somehow :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You can do it, get straight onto the strength/weight training. My boobs have been very slow to shrink but they have come down a couple of inches now and I'm at about 110 days in at 1lb/wk loss. My dramatic inch loss I think is mostly down to resistance training and cardio, I wouldn't have shrunk so much with calorie restriction alone.

Good underwear will cinch that waist a couple of inches easily so don't stress too much about that, boobies however, if in a dress you can't minimise them in, is the main issue here! Find a good seamstress, they may be able to do something with extra fabric in the side seams worst comes to worst (I'm a seamstress so know there are tricks to be done).
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Don't forget Spanx!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I'm 2" too big on bust and waist for my wedding dress! I have 100 days! Is it possible? I'm losing about 0.5lb a week, already lost 33lb. Best way to shift these inches please? Lifting, cardio, dropping calories or all? I know I can't target my weight loss but I can't afford another dress! Thank you

How many more pounds do you want to lose total? How tall are you? What do you weigh now?

We have lots of "how many pound can I lose by X date" threads, but not so many inches threads. Do you know how many inches bigger you were 33 pounds ago?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The thing is, there is no such thing as "shifting inches" and you can't really control where on your body the inches decide to come off. It is not uniform or predictable. Since you've lost 33 lbs and no inches off the bust, one would think it's about time for that area, lol! There is a lot of fat tissue in that area, so as you lose fat overall, you will also lose some from the bust and back, which contributes to the measurement and fit. Ab/core exercises might help tighten up the waist area. I don't mean to be a downer because I know how important this is, just a little reality check and plan B.
  • MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As much as you'd probably hate to do it, in a pinch I'm sure you could add a corset back to the dress? That way it can be let out a little bit if you don't loose the inches, but brought back in if you do?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to predict where on the body the weight will come off. The best you can do is continue to lose and hope some of it comes off the places you want it too. It took me three months to lose 2 inches from my waist and bust but I was losing at 2 pounds a week.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Google: Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup Recipe.
    Man, does it work.
    Eat it on Saturdays and Sundays all day long and nothing else.
    Take a multi-vitamin to make up for deficits in diets.
    Eat salads like they are on sale. Mix low fat dressing with lemon juice.

The ww one point chili was always my favorite!
  • Kalikel
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    The thing is, there is no such thing as "shifting inches" and you can't really control where on your body the inches decide to come off. It is not uniform or predictable. Since you've lost 33 lbs and no inches off the bust, one would think it's about time for that area, lol! There is a lot of fat tissue in that area, so as you lose fat overall, you will also lose some from the bust and back, which contributes to the measurement and fit. Ab/core exercises might help tighten up the waist area. I don't mean to be a downer because I know how important this is, just a little reality check and plan B.
    In some parts of the world, they say "shifting weight" instead of our American term "losing weight." It seemed odd to me, too, but then I realized I'm not really losing it. It's not like I thought it was in my purse, but it's just gone, lol. So I figure "shifting" makes as much sense as "losing." :)

I agree about the boobs. Mine didn't seem to go down at all, just tiny bits, and then BAM, down a cup size. I don't notice it in my boobs much at all and then all of a happy sudden, they're smaller. :)

• carr3107
    carr3107 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ooh boy. Even in the best shape of my life, I wear a bra size not sold in stores and am well accustomed to bust-fit issues. First, get a real bra fitting at a store like Nordstrom or a specialty lingerie store - NOT Victoria's Secret.

If it's the bust, it's more than just a weight loss issue. As you lost weight, how much smaller did you get? If you haven't lost anything from your boobs with that weight loss, go find a good seamstress now. You can't predict where more weight will come off with any certainty. Muscle gains in the shoulders/pecs and back may get you a little bit of room.

For me a 10 pound change means an inch on or off my largest chest measurement.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I agree find a seamstress immediately in case the alterations need to be done - 100 days before a wedding you are already in stress mode. Most seamstresses need time to fit you into their schedule so I would get this plan in order now. Also you will need to know what the cost is going to be so you can fit it into your budget. Yes you can use undergarments to help but you also want to be comfortable and able to breathe on your special day. If you have the proper nutrition plan it is possible to lose more than .5lbs a week whether you up your exercise or not. 80% of weight loss is directly from the foods you eat. Is your food diary available for us to view? Maybe we can help with your nutrition plan? Lastly have you tried discussing this with the place where you purchased your gown to see if there is any chance you could exchange it for the larger size? I will be thinking good thoughts for you. My suggestion is do what is going to cause you the least stress so you can focus on having a wonderful day for you and your future husband. <3<3<3
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I agree find a seamstress immediately in case the alterations need to be done - 100 days before a wedding you are already in stress mode. Most seamstresses need time to fit you into their schedule so I would get this plan in order now. Also you will need to know what the cost is going to be so you can fit it into your budget. Yes you can use undergarments to help but you also want to be comfortable and able to breathe on your special day. If you have the proper nutrition plan it is possible to lose more than .5lbs a week whether you up your exercise or not. 80% of weight loss is directly from the foods you eat. Is your food diary available for us to view? Maybe we can help with your nutrition plan? Lastly have you tried discussing this with the place where you purchased your gown to see if there is any chance you could exchange it for the larger size? I will be thinking good thoughts for you. My suggestion is do what is going to cause you the least stress so you can focus on having a wonderful day for you and your future husband. <3<3<3

This sounds like a good plan.

The only way I have ever lost inches without losing pounds is when I cut all carbs to < 50 grams daily and made up missing calories with calories from fats. It leaves you eating a lot less food volume. This is not doable by most people I understand. I was only able to do it because of the drug the doctors wanted me to start taking to manage my arthritis pain carried a real risk of cancer. I loss the pain and inches and later over 30 pounds over the past 10 months. 2-3 inches came off in the first 90 days.

Again finding a seamstress or a new dress I agree is a must. If you lose inches a seamstress can take up any dress but not let out any dress. I do wish you a beautiful wedding with the least possible stress.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the folks saying to find a good seamstress and the right undergarments. It's your wedding and you don't want to risk it.

In addition to that, I think it's entirely possible to shrink a bit in 100 days!

I'd love to join you for a 100 day push! Im not about to do anything drastic and unhealthy, but happy to go about it in a healthy way and see how much we can shrink in 100 days. :)

Shoot me a note if you are interested!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You've got this!