Forum Trolls and HATER-ADE

Options
petitehealth
petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
edited August 2015 in Chit-Chat
Usually I just ignore it because every single social medium includes trolls or negative nellies but sometimes it gets very annoying on MFP. Thank you for letting me vent...

I'm on here to find support and to support others. Let's do this peeps! :smiley:

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    my young poster...you will now face the truth wrath. I can only offer you minimum wings of protection. fly my little bird ignore the man behind the internet
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    my young poster...you will now face the truth wrath. I can only offer you minimum wings of protection. fly my little bird ignore the man behind the internet

Your posts are awesome!!!! Very inspirational. our young OP could use you as a mentor or something

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    1287666826226.png
  • petitehealth
    Options

muhahahha let the evilness ensue :wink:

I'm stoked on being called young btw. That's the kind of hate I can get used to!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    127 posts are you sick of MFP?
    Who are you?
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    Awe so cute...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Rh, it's friday in Australia.

OP - from what I see, you gave someone some not right advice about estimating lifting burns, got told you were wrong and have now decided the people who corrected you are trolls and haters? did I miss anything out?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Rh, it's friday in Australia.

OP - from what I see, you gave someone some not right advice about estimating lifting burns, got told you were wrong and have now decided the people who corrected you are trolls and haters? did I miss anything out?

Isn't that usually how people determine we are all mean trolls?! They give junk advice , or sell mlm products and then get called out. Suddenly a mean people thread appears. Oh good ole mfp.....lol !!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    you are pretty OP
  • petitehealth
    Options
    New to forums/not MFP. The HRM advice set today's annoyance in motion but I read the forums often and watch people rip on others constantly. Anyone else noticed it?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    New to forums/not MFP. The HRM advice set today's annoyance in motion but I read the forums often and watch people rip on others constantly. Anyone else noticed it?

-_-

Correcting bad advice is not ripping on others, and it's doesn't define one as a troll either.
    I don't think you understand what a troll is.
  • petitehealth
    Options
    I browsed the forums today (as I do on occasion) and I feel bad for people when I click on a post where someone is looking for support/confused about MFP/dieting/exercise etc. and about 10% of the comments are people being snarky with the OP.

NM this is taking too much explaining. Happy to exchange ideas/support with others, learned something new today (re: calories burned). Can't delete my venting so I've learned my lesson ~ keep it to myself. Big day of learning today! ;)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's been my experience that every helpful poster on these forums, every single one, will be called rude, mean, negative, troll, bully, etc. at some point or another no matter how carefully they phrase their advice. Posts like this tend not to be very helpful. When every helpful poster is called out as mean at some point or another, then making a post like this without examples or qualifications just ends up pointing fingers at everyone.

There is some actual rudeness that goes above and beyond what should be acceptable here. Report it (use the actual report function not the flags) and let the mods deal with it. But posts like this just add to the negative atmosphere that you're trying to combat instead of solving anything.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    127 posts are you sick of MFP?
    Who are you?
    :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    It's been my experience that every helpful poster on these forums, every single one, will be called rude, mean, negative, troll, bully, etc. at some point or another no matter how carefully they phrase their advice. Posts like this tend not to be very helpful. When every helpful poster is called out as mean at some point or another, then making a post like this without examples or qualifications just ends up pointing fingers at everyone.

Some people just don't know how to communicate and their idea of being real is very crass. The fact they are usually honest doesn't change. I've seen plenty of threads where someone posts for opinions and then summarily rejects and vilifies everyone until they get the answer they want to hear as well.

Meh