Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

10000 steps goal anyone?

Replies

• ruhi1406
    ruhi1406 Posts: 39 Member
    Forgot to log my steps for yesterday, 11106 steps!!!!!!!!! Add about 3500 to that for the time I walked on the treadmill and it didn't count my steps. Note to self: if holding the handles on treadmill don't wear FitBit on wrist.
    It's sooo true... I walk carrying my babe when I don't move my hand... And I don't get the steps right...
  • ruhi1406
    7800 steps yesterday... I know I suck... Tomorrow is another day.... How are you guys doing?
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    I got my fitbit flex yesterday, today is my first day! Lets see how it goes :)
  • carmel199
    carmel199 Posts: 56 Member
    I have gotten on as far as 9k feel free to add me I want to do the 10k
  • SSImpalaGurl
    SSImpalaGurl Posts: 4 Member
    Can I still do this challenge with you all?
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    8/10 - 11597
    8/11 - 12304
    8/12 - 9320
  • slatonkimberly
    slatonkimberly Posts: 11 Member
    I hit 10000 yesterday! I'm pretty new to MFP. How do I check and see my step history?
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Good Morning, I have been recording my steps using Whithings a free app for my smart phone.
    Monday it gave me a scolding as it was my WORST Monday ever. It made me laugh as it was my SECOND Monday ever using the app. But I find it helpful.
    There is also an app I use for my bike rides called MapMyRide, also free, which I find useful.
  • ruhi1406
    karyabc wrote: »
    I got my fitbit flex yesterday, today is my first day! Lets see how it goes :)

That's exciting... M still confused which model to get... Lemme know how that works for you! Happy walking!
  • ruhi1406
    Can I still do this challenge with you all?

Hi! Yes you totally can... You are all welcome!
  • ruhi1406
    8/10 - 11597
    8/11 - 12304
    8/12 - 9320

Amazing! Although you could have hit the goal yesterday as well.
  • ruhi1406
    I hit 10000 yesterday! I'm pretty new to MFP. How do I check and see my step history?

Hi Kimberly! We all have different apps to track the progress. You can get runtastic app, withings or Fitbit to keep a track of your steps. These apps display fancy charts and trends to keep you motivated as well.
  • ruhi1406
    Good Morning, I have been recording my steps using Whithings a free app for my smart phone.
    Monday it gave me a scolding as it was my WORST Monday ever. It made me laugh as it was my SECOND Monday ever using the app. But I find it helpful.
    There is also an app I use for my bike rides called MapMyRide, also free, which I find useful.

Lol! I love those... The app made me feel bad for being a lazy *kitten*. But I guess it helps...
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    ruhi1406 wrote: »

Amazing! Although you could have hit the goal yesterday as well.

Maybe - Though I spent most of it on a TransAtlantic flight, then another chunk crossing half the country, followed by a long drive home. When I finally escaped, I was tired!

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I've been hitting my 10K step goal since last Christmas with the exception of 1 day when I was terribly sick and only got 3K steps.

My record is 34K steps in a day - we spent the entire day walking around Chicago!

When I ran an 8K race back in March I was trying to use RunKeeper to track my pace/speed during the race - well when it sync'd with my app it logged 0 steps for the entire race! OMG I was so irritated! I still managed to get 18K steps that day even with 5 miles of it not even logged. I've since disconnected RunKeeper - lol.

When I upgraded to the newest Jawbone, I switched from wearing it on my ankle to my wrist. I now grocery shop by pulling the cart instead of pushing it - no way I'm missing out on all the steps from grocery shopping! That's a lot of steps up and down all the aisles!! :)

• priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Had to buy a new Fitbit..mine died. Just started logging today 11084 steps!!
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    I get 10,000 a day or more most days.
  • kevc1986
    kevc1986 Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2015
    26,943 today! I aim for 20,000 a day, except on my rest days
  • ryankevintomlinson
    ryankevintomlinson Posts: 33 Member
    I average around 80k-100k steps a week. Add me here or/and on fitbit to help eachother stay motivated. I need more fitbit friends for more fitbit challenges. Those keep me going. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2S8C9Y
  • deemvall
    deemvall Posts: 6 Member
    I use fitbit....add me if you wish for 10k count daily :)