....the last few pounds are the hardest

Options
Hey yall, so I've been on my "get fit" journey for about a month and a half now and I've lost 7lbs!!! (Let's just say I was overeating..big time! And I changed my diet)
When I started I weighed 132lbs (5'1) and now I am down to 125... I wanna be 118-120 but it seems like I've been stuck on 125/126 for the last couple of weeks... Maybe I need to increase my workout routine?? Shrink my diet?? Ugh. :|

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 6 weeks is a very aggressive weight loss considering you're already at a healthy weight! I wouldn't try anything drastic...give your body time to adjust...slowly. If you absolutely feel like you need a change then maybe try switching up your workout instead of increasing time or intensity.

• Marhurt13
    Marhurt13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes 7lbs is quite a bit for a short period of time but if I told you how inactive I had become over the last year and the amount of cals I was taking in..you wouldn't believe it lol
    I have always been very active so when I started eating smarter and exercising 5 days a week the lbs just fell off... Fast. I think my body has slowed down and what gets me is even tho I am 126lbs I still have that "flab" on my tummy/thighs. :s You're probably right Jen.... maybe I should do more strength training than cardio. Sometimes it's just tough to stay motivated lol