New& looking for friends

Options
hi my name is Chelsea! I have about 150 pounds to lose and I'm finally ready to start and actually reach my goals but I need to be held accountable! I have started and stopped this journey so many times but it feels different this time. I'm owning my body. Yes, this is the result of me being lazy and over eating. No, I don't have any medical problems that would have caused the weight gain. This is me. This is what I did. But watch me fix what I spent my life destroying. Add me.

21- 299.8 lbs SW - North Carolina

Replies

• fitpaige95
    fitpaige95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea! It sounds like you have a great attitude heading into your journey! Friend request sent!
  • judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea! I can relate about my own choices being the cause of me gaining weight. Over the course of my life, I have been on a weight loss/gain roller coaster. I am finally on a course of permanent success. But I will admit that every day I have to deny myself the gratifications of eating whatever I want. But that is how we learn self-restraint, right?!
  • tisheenamelody
    tisheenamelody Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped multiple times too. I think this will definitely help to give accountability, especially if we have others to keep us in check along the way!
  • judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped multiple times too. I think this will definitely help to give accountability, especially if we have others to keep us in check along the way!

Absolutely! Having friends for support and accountability is a definite advantage and will help us achieve success!
  • cjd6380
    cjd6380 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal is a God send. Been on numerous diets over the years. Managed to lose 13lbs in a month. I've found it makes you think what your eating and what portion size is correct. Before I found myself eating the same food but with a portion size that was meant for 2 people! Stick to your calorie target for the day, some exercise and weight starts to drop but by bit!
  • clanderson931
    clanderson931 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    cjd6380 wrote: »
    Myfitnesspal is a God send. Been on numerous diets over the years. Managed to lose 13lbs in a month. I've found it makes you think what your eating and what portion size is correct. Before I found myself eating the same food but with a portion size that was meant for 2 people! Stick to your calorie target for the day, some exercise and weight starts to drop but by bit!

Congrats on the weightloss!
  • rebeccabooker95
    rebeccabooker95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Chelsea I love the attitude you have about life!! I would enjoy us helping each other out down this side. Sending friend request!
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Chelsea!
  • clanderson931
    Options
    Good luck to you Chelsea!

Thanks so much! You too!!
  • finallygettinghealthy2015
    Options
    I added you as a friend. We have a lot in common. I too have struggled with my weight and I too have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm 28 and from tn...so not far from you either :)
  • loveme625
    loveme625 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Chelsea I have also been up and down on my weight loss journey. I had lost and maintained for 2 yrs until a knee injury. I'm finally able to get back on track emotionally and physically. I would be happy to support you and anyone else on here. Feel free to add me. Let's get healthy.
  • clanderson931
    Options
    loveme625 wrote: »
    Hello Chelsea I have also been up and down on my weight loss journey. I had lost and maintained for 2 yrs until a knee injury. I'm finally able to get back on track emotionally and physically. I would be happy to support you and anyone else on here. Feel free to add me. Let's get healthy.

Let's do this yall!!!
    I added you as a friend. We have a lot in common. I too have struggled with my weight and I too have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm 28 and from tn...so not far from you either :)