To Have a Geno's Steak Cheese or Not to Have it......

Options
That is the questions....lol

So I have been invited to go to Philly today to go and try out the famous Geno's which of course I never had before. But I have stop eating meat for about 5 months now but also I have always wanted to try their subs. So should I go but NOT have it or should I go and maybe split one and have half so I can say I tried it and not feel so guilty?

I know....the drama....lol HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :blush:

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Why did you stop eating meat?

If it's a moral choice, no one but you can answer that.

If it's for any other reason, I say eat the cheese steak. It's one day, one meal enjoy it.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's a choice you have to make...BUT as adorned vegetarian myself I can say that jumping from no meat to a steak sub night give you some intestinal distress to put it mildly.
  • Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had hip cancer and had the tumor removed in March which kept me in bed for 6 weeks and nothing to do I was on Netflix and watch so many documentaries that really turned me off from wanting to eat meat and also I didn’t realized how it affects the environment. So eating it would not go against any morals just something I wanted to try and do and I would continue to do after the Steak & Cheese.

Now as for the second part……yeah so I was thinking that….if I haven’t had meat for a few months how will that sit in my stomach….we have a 2 hour drive back so not sure if it would be safe….lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    EAT IT! Because it's frickin Geno's!
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    EAT IT! Because it's frickin Geno's!

LLS....ok but I hope my stomach can take it. :blush:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well... it's between you, your morals, and your intestinal track.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd tread pretty lightly if you haven't eaten meat in 5 months...pretty much anything you introduce to your diet that is "foreign" is going to cause some gastrointestinal distress. I remember when I started piling on the veggies...thought I was going to die for the first week or so...any "foreign" food is going to cause some distress...I'd think 5 months would be long enough to cause you some issues here.

At most I'd probably have 1/4 of a sandwich or something...and I'd bring some pepto and tums or something along for the ride.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'd go with Tony Luke's or Jim's or Ishkabibble's over Geno's but that's just personal preference.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well... it's between you, your morals, and your intestinal track.

True….still not sure what I will do but I will keep you guys posted.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

So I have been invited to go to Philly today to go and try out the famous Geno's which of course I never had before. But I have stop eating meat for about 5 months now but also I have always wanted to try their subs. So should I go but NOT have it or should I go and maybe split one and have half so I can say I tried it and not feel so guilty?

Ew Geno's (although they have good cheese fries) , in that area E Passyunk, there are some great eats but Pat's and Geno's aren't included in that
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

You know my answer... :)
    CHEAT MEAL - ENJOY!
    And when I go, I beat the rush and indulge in both just to help settle the debate.
    CONCLUSION: More research is needed...
    00bl6q74mjho.jpg

guy.jpg 86.1K
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd tread pretty lightly if you haven't eaten meat in 5 months...pretty much anything you introduce to your diet that is "foreign" is going to cause some gastrointestinal distress. I remember when I started piling on the veggies...thought I was going to die for the first week or so...any "foreign" food is going to cause some distress...I'd think 5 months would be long enough to cause you some issues here.

At most I'd probably have 1/4 of a sandwich or something...and I'd bring some pepto and tums or something along for the ride.

That sounds like a very good idea....will do.....thanx for the helps guys. :smile:
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I'd go with Tony Luke's or Jim's or Ishkabibble's over Geno's but that's just personal preference.

Will look those up....Tony Luke's I have heard of and my friend says he wasn't crazy about Genos so maybe we try something different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ISHKABIBBLE ALL THE WAY!!!!
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ISHKABIBBLE ALL THE WAY!!!!

Had to look it up....they sound pretty good too!!
  • Chicasonamission
    Options

You know my answer... :)
    CHEAT MEAL - ENJOY!
    And when I go, I beat the rush and indulge in both just to help settle the debate.
    CONCLUSION: More research is needed...
    00bl6q74mjho.jpg

OMG.....I soooooooooooo wanted to do that but thought I would be being a pig doing so lls Maybe I do it and just split one of each with my friend. I will let you guys know what I do....at this rate I better go...kind of chickening out now.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

Ew Geno's (although they have good cheese fries) , in that area E Passyunk, there are some great eats but Pat's and Geno's aren't included in that

Man so may chooses....now to see what I end with lol
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    To completely complicate things, in the last Philly cheesesteak thread, lots of natives said to ditch the cheesesteak and go for a roast pork sandwhich. I believe the previously mentioned John's was highly recommended. I've only had the cheesesteaks, so I can't say one way or the other.

Definitely live it up though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Tony Lukes > pat's and genos
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Thanx guys I will do my best to live it up....lol and yeah I have gotten a few votes for Tony Lukes maybe that would a good place too.