Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To Have a Geno's Steak Cheese or Not to Have it......

That is the questions....lol

So I have been invited to go to Philly today to go and try out the famous Geno's which of course I never had before. But I have stop eating meat for about 5 months now but also I have always wanted to try their subs. So should I go but NOT have it or should I go and maybe split one and have half so I can say I tried it and not feel so guilty?

I know....the drama....lol HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :blush:

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Why did you stop eating meat?

If it's a moral choice, no one but you can answer that.

If it's for any other reason, I say eat the cheese steak. It's one day, one meal enjoy it.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    That's a choice you have to make...BUT as adorned vegetarian myself I can say that jumping from no meat to a steak sub night give you some intestinal distress to put it mildly.
  • Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    I had hip cancer and had the tumor removed in March which kept me in bed for 6 weeks and nothing to do I was on Netflix and watch so many documentaries that really turned me off from wanting to eat meat and also I didn’t realized how it affects the environment. So eating it would not go against any morals just something I wanted to try and do and I would continue to do after the Steak & Cheese.

Now as for the second part……yeah so I was thinking that….if I haven’t had meat for a few months how will that sit in my stomach….we have a 2 hour drive back so not sure if it would be safe….lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    EAT IT! Because it's frickin Geno's!
  • Chicasonamission
    2Poufs wrote: »
    EAT IT! Because it's frickin Geno's!

LLS....ok but I hope my stomach can take it. :blush:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Well... it's between you, your morals, and your intestinal track.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I'd tread pretty lightly if you haven't eaten meat in 5 months...pretty much anything you introduce to your diet that is "foreign" is going to cause some gastrointestinal distress. I remember when I started piling on the veggies...thought I was going to die for the first week or so...any "foreign" food is going to cause some distress...I'd think 5 months would be long enough to cause you some issues here.

At most I'd probably have 1/4 of a sandwich or something...and I'd bring some pepto and tums or something along for the ride.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    I'd go with Tony Luke's or Jim's or Ishkabibble's over Geno's but that's just personal preference.
  • Chicasonamission
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well... it's between you, your morals, and your intestinal track.

True….still not sure what I will do but I will keep you guys posted.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

So I have been invited to go to Philly today to go and try out the famous Geno's which of course I never had before. But I have stop eating meat for about 5 months now but also I have always wanted to try their subs. So should I go but NOT have it or should I go and maybe split one and have half so I can say I tried it and not feel so guilty?

Ew Geno's (although they have good cheese fries) , in that area E Passyunk, there are some great eats but Pat's and Geno's aren't included in that
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015

You know my answer... :)
    CHEAT MEAL - ENJOY!
    And when I go, I beat the rush and indulge in both just to help settle the debate.
    CONCLUSION: More research is needed...
    00bl6q74mjho.jpg

guy.jpg 86.1K
  • Chicasonamission
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd tread pretty lightly if you haven't eaten meat in 5 months...pretty much anything you introduce to your diet that is "foreign" is going to cause some gastrointestinal distress. I remember when I started piling on the veggies...thought I was going to die for the first week or so...any "foreign" food is going to cause some distress...I'd think 5 months would be long enough to cause you some issues here.

At most I'd probably have 1/4 of a sandwich or something...and I'd bring some pepto and tums or something along for the ride.

That sounds like a very good idea....will do.....thanx for the helps guys. :smile:
  • Chicasonamission
    ald783 wrote: »
    I'd go with Tony Luke's or Jim's or Ishkabibble's over Geno's but that's just personal preference.

Will look those up....Tony Luke's I have heard of and my friend says he wasn't crazy about Genos so maybe we try something different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    ISHKABIBBLE ALL THE WAY!!!!
  • Chicasonamission
    auddii wrote: »
    ISHKABIBBLE ALL THE WAY!!!!

Had to look it up....they sound pretty good too!!
  • Chicasonamission

You know my answer... :)
    CHEAT MEAL - ENJOY!
    And when I go, I beat the rush and indulge in both just to help settle the debate.
    CONCLUSION: More research is needed...
    00bl6q74mjho.jpg

OMG.....I soooooooooooo wanted to do that but thought I would be being a pig doing so lls Maybe I do it and just split one of each with my friend. I will let you guys know what I do....at this rate I better go...kind of chickening out now.
  • Chicasonamission
    Acg67 wrote: »

Ew Geno's (although they have good cheese fries) , in that area E Passyunk, there are some great eats but Pat's and Geno's aren't included in that

Man so may chooses....now to see what I end with lol
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    To completely complicate things, in the last Philly cheesesteak thread, lots of natives said to ditch the cheesesteak and go for a roast pork sandwhich. I believe the previously mentioned John's was highly recommended. I've only had the cheesesteaks, so I can't say one way or the other.

Definitely live it up though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Tony Lukes > pat's and genos
  • Chicasonamission
    Thanx guys I will do my best to live it up....lol and yeah I have gotten a few votes for Tony Lukes maybe that would a good place too.