How many calories burned?

Options
I started this tv workout game with some friends but we have a few exercises that we don't know how many calories are burned. How many calories are burned doing 30 second planks, 30 second wall push ups, 30 second genie sits, and 15 chair dips? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    There are too many variables in that situation. If I was doing just that in a workout, I wouldn't even count it because I know the number would probably be so small it wouldn't matter.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Probably not enough to log. That's 2 minutes of exercise - maybe 5?
  • Marissalouise760
    Marissalouise760 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Well it's part of a game for a tv show. So each time they do something in particular it requires a certain exercise.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Something like that I'd take as extra points for being active, not calories I then get to eat. Good job on the game! That's a fun idea!
    But treat it like parking farther away from the store, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Just perks and life points for getting more fit!
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound like a preacher but I see so many posting about how many calories are burned through exercise. Simple follow a TDEE calculator, track your intake using a macros spilt. If you still feel hungry at the end of the day eat more & monitor your weight by weighing weekly / fortnightly. Exercise is surely a hobbie & lifestyle choice not a way of burning calories...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 15 total for that.
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some people are motivated by calorie burn and I am surely one of them. I love counting food calories and exercise calories. My biggest hurdle is weighing regularly. If I did that I'd be in better shape. If your interested in calorie burn during exercise, buy an inexpensive polar ft4. I had one for 2 years and then it finally wore it. It's extremely accurate, but it's only made to wear during workouts. Now I wear a more expensive model with a GPS as well as the heart rate monitor. The polar m400. I love it and it keeps me motivated. When I first started to lose weight 2 years ago, I wore my polar ft4 religiously and told myself to stay at the gym until I burned a certain amount of calories. It kept me moving and I am in much better shape now. The secret to weight loss is to do what makes you motivated. Everyone is different. Btw, I buy my polar watches on heartratemonitorusa.com. they are always the cheapest.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Some people are motivated by calorie burn and I am surely one of them. I love counting food calories and exercise calories. My biggest hurdle is weighing regularly. If I did that I'd be in better shape. If your interested in calorie burn during exercise, buy an inexpensive polar ft4. I had one for 2 years and then it finally wore it. It's extremely accurate, but it's only made to wear during workouts. Now I wear a more expensive model with a GPS as well as the heart rate monitor. The polar m400. I love it and it keeps me motivated. When I first started to lose weight 2 years ago, I wore my polar ft4 religiously and told myself to stay at the gym until I burned a certain amount of calories. It kept me moving and I am in much better shape now. The secret to weight loss is to do what makes you motivated. Everyone is different. Btw, I buy my polar watches on heartratemonitorusa.com. they are always the cheapest.

Actually, HRMs are only made to be worn during steady state cardio (ie jogging, elliptical). HRMs won't be of much use for accuracy on calorie burns on exercises like this.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Well it's part of a game for a tv show. So each time they do something in particular it requires a certain exercise.

So 5 calories each time you do it? So maybe for an hour show 15 - 30 calories or so?
  • Marissalouise760
    Marissalouise760 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

So 5 calories each time you do it? So maybe for an hour show 15 - 30 calories or so?

Sounds good. Thanks