Polar A300 inconsistent calorie burn?

does anyone else use one of these and have an issue with super inconsistent calorie burn?

I'll have a day where I don't meet my fitness goals, etc. end at a higher calorie burn than when I've gone way over to meet my goal.

Plus, I'll log more than one workout but only one of the calorie amounts will transfer over to MFP.

I stopped using my Fitbit because I wanted waterproof and hrm but I was always able to lose weight with the Fitbit and the calorie burn was always consistent with my movement.

I love the A300 I'm just curious why it'll count all my workouts one day but not others.

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    MFP is having problems syncing with Polar right now. What type of exercises are you doing?
  • amandacowan1978
    amandacowan1978 Posts: 50 Member
    For example, yesterday I walked at 4.0 for 40 mins (coming back from a hip injury), after I was done, polar said I burned something like 220. An earlier spurt of strength training and house work with my hrm on (still playing around with that, vacuuming actually gets your hr up) said like 150 cal. Well it gave me the 150 on MFP, but not the 220.

At the end of the day, with stats identical to Tuesday (which MFP gave me 500ish exercise cals), yesterday MFP gave me around 250.

Today, I did 60 mins averaging 3mph, and polar said 250 cals burned and MFP gave me 60 cals. Wtf??

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Calorie burns will be off with out a steady state heart rate during cardio exercises. it's best not to wear your sensor then, and let those calories go to your activity, not training. If you have negative adjustments activated, MFP will go by your activity monitor and not MFPs projected calorie burn. Have you set your Vo2 test if possible.
  • amandacowan1978
    amandacowan1978 Posts: 50 Member
    Well, my issue is that it's not transferring over from Polar to MFP. So for near identical exercise entries on two (now three) separate days but higher calorie transfer to MFP on one day and not the others. Just inconsistent in what it transfers over (or what MFP transfers over)