meal prep

Options
Hey guys, when i cook my chicken breast as meal prep for bodybuilding it always taste like death ; ( any tips for cooking chicken breast with rice ? Any easy recipe?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Switch to chicken thighs. They have more taste and texture because they have fat.
    Here are some ideas re the breasts http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate2.htm
  • Schree
    Schree Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel your pain!!!
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    rice.png

First, you must realize that you do not have to eat like this ^ for results.

There are literally thousands of different meal ideas. Teach yourself how to cook by looking at YouTube videos, reading books, asking your parents, etc. ~ Don't be a slave to chicken and brown rice.
  • matthewhaley02
    matthewhaley02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Crockpot shredded taco chicken recipe:

Cook chicken in the crockpot with some salsa. When the chicken is done take it out and shred it with 2 forks.

Put the chicken back in with desired amount of salsa, taco seasoning, and corn/peas. Add rice if you want the carbs or calories. Let it cook a fair bit more. Enjoy :)
  • sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of rub recipes out there that are 0 calories ( you may have to watch the sodium content tho), Lemon and garlic are great seasonings. Definitely search for low carb or 0 carb chicken breast recipes and you'll find plenty of ideas out there.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I prefer thighs too but I am doing breast right now. Mccormick website offers some ideas to mix your own seasonings depending on your taste. I like the Trader Joe's brown rice medley over regular rice. And I prefer grilling over cooking inside.