Things I still struggle with

Options
back in March of 07 I was 325lbs plus n size 28 pants they were tight. I finally decided I had to do something so I started to diet n exercise. Over the course of a year I got down to a 10. Today I am at an 8 and 179lbs. I joined a gym now it will be one yr n sept that I have been going. I feel great and I am still slowly losing. My issue is my extra skin and how I am trying to tone it up and how I still feel fat because of it. Mentally it has taken a toll on me. I will continue to workout n move forward. I wish I cld have skin removal surgery but can't afford it. I never realized that how an alcoholic cld feel until I realized how I am a food addict. I always watch what I put n my mouth and if I eat something not so healthy I feel bad. Still after 8 yrs of losing weight n keeping it off I struggle. There r days that I am super depressed n I shld not be. I have come so far but it's still there. Does anyone else go threw this?? itl70p3vc6dp.jpg
v1nlfv1ublgr.jpg
I posted a before n after pic. I did this on my own at my house. Like I said joined a gym almost a year ago.

Replies

• AlleyMayMay
    AlleyMayMay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Please focus on your very real achievement. The loose skin... Nobody is focused on that but you and you can work to move past that negative emotion. Treat yourself with the same love and respect that you would treat someone else.
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Try not to worry about the loose skin. Its a battle scar but a necessary one that comes with returning to a healthy weight.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic transformation, well done!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, try and keep that as your focus. You have done an incredible job! Be proud!
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You've done an incredible job - especially given the fact that you've done this completely on your own! It really speaks to your strength and ability to commit and persevere! In short - You ROCK! :)

I've found that we often focus with laser intensity on what we perceive as negative and forget about the positives at times. One thing that has really helped me was to start a journal and write down, every day, three things that I am proud of, or that I like about myself or my life, or that I am thankful for. It helps me to remember the good things and focus on a positive attitude.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look so good!!! Stay positive & focused on what you have changed & the major accomplishment that you have achieved over the years!!! Good Luck!!!
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I completely understand...The loose skin is an issue for me too. (95 pounds down!) So is the struggle daily to fight off the food demons!!!! But, look how beautiful and healthy you look and are! We have to keep telling ourselves that our health is way more important than binging on unhealthy foods and not exercising our bodies. I will NOT take on the task of having to lose this much weight again. ..ever. This is also why I come to this site every day for support and inspiration to keep me going. Hugs!!!!
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What you have accomplished is amazing! You are beautiful! We are all so hard on ourselves. I've only lost about half of what you lost but I have noticed since I began lifting heavy that things are firming up nicely.
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow....you look so good keep up the great work!!!
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great and what an inspiration!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @wrkin9095 I hope at some point you can take the time to re-read your own post, let your achievement sink in and look at how successful you are. Honestly, the result of your hard work and determination is such an accomplishment and I hope the way you view yourself catches up with all the positive changes you've made. <3
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My head jerked back when I saw your before picture - because it's such a difference. Well done! I think the issue may be that you are in the habit of thinking negatively about your body. Habits are automatic - you have to work to acquire new habits of thought. It's not a big deal - it just requires some mental energy on your part to think positively about your body. And don't look at yourself naked when you're in a bad mood! Bad moods always make situations look worse than they are.

Does this negativity leak into other areas? Like are you down on yourself in other ways? You may need a goal to work towards - get organized or lift heavy or learn to draw or something. When you see that you are capable in other areas, your self esteem gets a boost that can carry over to how you see yourself, and your body.

Best wishes - again, you've done a great job! If your old self saw the after pic, she'd be so proud of you!
  • Sherbear0123
    Sherbear0123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing accomplishment. Oh how I wish you could see yourself through someone else's eyes. You are beautiful. What you have accomplished on your own is astounding and so inspirational!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Gosh you look good lass :-)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! You look great. Wrt the extra skin, my advice is to just rise above. Someone I know had an accident when she was nineteen that did a number on her face/skull. She underwent multiple surgeries but when I saw her again I was sad to see that she still looked a little ghoulish. I asked her family how she was doing emotionally with the change in her appearance. Apparently she was very happy, no issues whatsoever. Whenever I start nitpicking about my own appearance I think of her, and try to rise above.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!! You rock congrats on your journey
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Such a success! You are awesome <3
  • kjfhw
    kjfhw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You MUST focus on how beautiful you look today. I too was shocked by the transformation after seeing your before picture. You may have loose skin but remember that people just see a cute healthy young woman.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!