Any fellow 5'4 gals ..,

Hi, I'm Tara.
I'm on a mission to lose 35 lbs! A bit freaked out by all the TDEE stuff I've been reading ... As I'll now be switching up my daily calories from 1200 to almost 1600. Seems a bit scary to me to " up my calories" but a few articles suggest it's the ticket! And now I'm looking for some ladies in and around 5'4 to join me in this journey!
What are your goal weights?!?

Replies

• elleseaak
    elleseaak Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'3-3/4"... My drivers license says 5'4". Close enough?
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I'm 48 years old and out of shape. I have an active lifestyle on the weekends- camping and walking/hiking often but on the weekdays after work I tend to get home and just want to rest. I've started walking 2-3 miles on my lunch breaks. That's upping my energy some. I have a gym membership but the friend I was going with lost her battle with depression on Memorial Day and I haven't been able to bring myself to go there yet. I'm going to try to lose weight "correctly" for the first time.
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    elleseaak wrote: »
    I'm 5'3-3/4"... My drivers license says 5'4". Close enough?
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I'm 48 years old and out of shape. I have an active lifestyle on the weekends- camping and walking/hiking often but on the weekdays after work I tend to get home and just want to rest. I've started walking 2-3 miles on my lunch breaks. That's upping my energy some. I have a gym membership but the friend I was going with lost her battle with depression on Memorial Day and I haven't been able to bring myself to go there yet. I'm going to try to lose weight "correctly" for the first time.

Well well, we have A LOT in common. So sorry about your friend. Feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to join you on your journey
  • crystalmara1984
    crystalmara1984 Posts: 10 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Many prayers you way
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I'm 5'4" and have lost 30-40 pounds. I think at the beginning I was eating in the 1200-1400 range, slowly upping my calories as I got near a healthy weight.

What is your TDEE?
  • Galonamission81
    Mine is 1600!!!
  • arditarose
    Mine is 1600!!!

Wait...no...you said you are going to eat 1600 to lose weight, so that is not your TDEE. Your TDEE is the amount of calories you eat to maintain weight.
  • Galonamission81
    Shoot, I meant to say TDEE -20%
    That number equals 1600 for me.
  • arditarose
    Shoot, I meant to say TDEE -20%
    That number equals 1600 for me.

Oh okay got ya. Sounds like a good plan!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Hey lady!

I'm your height, managed to hit goal last year eating approximately 1800 calories a day. You've got this. Don't let the numbers scare you. :) I don't follow TDEE at all, I just go my MFP numbers, and it's worked for me. I suppose my TDEE numbers probably are around 1750/1800 calories each day, but the not worrying has gotten me to my desired weight just fine... :)

Good luck!
  • knmzmom
    knmzmom Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! I'm right in line with you. I don't know what the TDEE's are you are all talking about. I entered my goals on my profile page when I signed up and let "them" do the math. My first goal is 68 lbs. I'll see how I feel when I get to that point to see if I want/need to lose more. I'm only allowed 1490 calories a day and I'm having trouble meeting that! I never would have thought I'd have trouble eating that few...
  • I am only 5'1 but would like to join a group that has goals of losing weight. I need to lose 60 lbs before I turn 50.
    What are your daily/weekly goals?What does your menu look like?
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Hi Tara! I would be happy to give support! I starting lifting a few weeks before I joined MFP as I was determined to get off my tail. But I am so happy I joined! There is so much support and inspiration here.

Starting Weight: 170
    Current Weight: 156
    Goal Weight (subject to change): 140
    Height: 5'4, medium frame

@ elleseaak, I am so sorry to hear about your friend!!! That's terrible.

Anyone can add me!
  • foreverbanana
    foreverbanana Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5'4. I had lost nearly 2 stone in weight. Unfortuately I have gained back a stone.

Current weight: 141
    Goal weight: 126

I want to lose weight and also become more toned. My aim is to lose 1 pound a week.
  • aliciajenkins111
    aliciajenkins111 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5'4 and new to MFP. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I am currently trying to accomplish that consuming 1200/day.