Half way to my goal (photos)

Options
TexasGirl92
TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
Well I'm half way there as of this mornings weight in I'm at 165.4. :smile: My starting weight was 201, the most I've ever weighed. My goal is 130. I'm posting a photo of me this morning and one of me at about 190. I don't know that I have one of me at 201 I really avoided photos when ever possible I only have this one because my husband and I went on a motorcycle trip in April of 2010. This is also the photo that prompted me to do something. In September of last year I was going through the photos on my computer and ran across this one and thought wow I look awful and the I realized I now weighted 10 pounds more. I thought I was going to be sick I knew I had to do something. I decided to give up sodas, even though I only drank "diet" and start exercising. I picked up a copy of the 30 Day Shred and found the MFP app for my iPhone.

Well I think I've had one soda since that day in September and most weeks I exercise Monday-Friday. I've done the 30DS twice, Ripped in 30 once, the last week of April I started the C25K program, and my first 5K is this Saturday. I hope these photos and going from 201 (@ 5'2") to doing my fist 5K will help someone else know that just making a decision to change is the fist step and not to get discouraged. I know I've read a ton of success stories and they keep me going on the days I feel it's just taking to long. I hadn't looked at that before photo in a while and it shocked me again how far I'd let myself go and how far I've progressed so far. I hope in a few month I will be able to post photos showing me at my goal weight.

If you just starting here keep at it, keep reading other stories and know that you will get there and that each little change lead to another and they all add up. I eat much healthier now than I use to and logging my food I don't feel like I'm on a diet or deprived of anything and just have information that helps me choose what I eat. I've also found that less and less do I crave junk food and when I do eat it I feel sluggish and that this is a great place for finding ideas for healthy things to eat and encouragement. Thanks for taking time to read this.

i-sf7h3PD-M.jpg

Replies

• ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great!
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow! I started at 205 and am down to 168. Close to you. I haven't taken pics, but if I look as good as you I'm a happy camper.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    WOW You look awesome
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great. Keep up the good work.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Dang girl! You look great! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations~
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!:happy:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • rjlebaron
    rjlebaron Posts: 2
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the good work. You should be really proud! :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    WOW! Talk about staying motivated!
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic :happy:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching half way. You look fantastic, and sound like you have tons of energy now. MFP is such a great tool for helping improve our awareness. Thanks very much for sharing your story and your inspirational photos.
  • angsmith79
    angsmith79 Posts: 44
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Awesome work - thanks for the inspiration - keep up the good work!
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing~ Keep up the awesome job you are doing and thanks for sharing and showing that it CAN be done.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Girl you are just banging...you will be at goal in no time!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work and I know you will reach your goal weight soon!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!You look so good!
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    Congrats! I need to do the same, take pictures and do a before and after so I myself can see, but only if they look like yours!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!