P90X

Options
My friend is giving me the whole series. I would like to see some peep's success stories with this. Also what order you did them, how often, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    There is a whole schedule that accompanies the series - hpoefully your friend will give you that. You workout 6days a week. 2-3 days (depending on if you are doing Classic or Lean) are strength training, 2-3days of cardio, 1 day of yoga. Workouts are at least 50min long (the strenghtening ones also have an ab workout afterward for a total of ~75min) ,and the yoga is 90min.
  • meeshu1976
    meeshu1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you need any of the equipment that goes along with it? Like the chinbar?
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I did Classic Mode my fight time around.

7 days a week (I recommend doing the stretching on Day 7).

I lost went from 23% body fat down to 8%.

I'm getting ready for round 2!!!

There are pics on my change in my profile. Best of luck to ya :) P90X is amazing. You'll both love and hate it!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The workout program comes with a schedule. Resistance bands, weights, and pull-up bar are required. You can use the search button on this site for other people that have done the program.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! Seriously, you're going to love it if you have the motivation to stick with it. I'll admit, I tried it once and got to week #2 and bailed. I got the flu or something, and it was right around the holidays so I used those things as excuses. But, in May, I stopped whining and started doing, and I've been sticking with it this time. I am on week #3 (in the middle) now. I've lost 8 pounds so far and about 3 inches off of my waist (seriously, I went from a size 8 to a size 6 in three weeks).

I highly recommend you get some weights or exercise bands, good exercise shoes, a heart rate monitor and a yoga mat. I picked all that up at Target when I started for a little over $50, I think.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If your friend does not give you the schedule (and there are 3 levels you can choose from), you can sign on to WOWY.com - for free, and they have all the downloadable or printable schedules for all of Beachbody workouts. Also, if you do not have a chin bar, or do not want to use a chin bar, you can use bands, and get one that hooks to top of a door. I am working my way back up to P90X, I need more cardio right now, but it is a good and intense workouts.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I also borrowed my DVD's from a friend who has completed the program. He didn't give me the schedule, so I found it online.
    http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/
    I have chosen to do the Lean version, because beginning this I felt I was way too out of shape to do the Classic. However, many people on the MFP have said that they have done the Lean version and regretted not attempting Classic. The Classic version is the way the program was designed to be used, and then the Lean schedule was created as a bit of an afterthought. I am in my second week of the Lean version, and like it so far, the most important thing is to do your best, and MODIFY! I have already been seeing some results, nothing drastic, but I'm feeling smaller and stronger.
    Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input. I will work on getting the equipment I need (bands and chin bar). =)

Oh and when you say weights, do you mean dumbells, and how many pounds?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my first round (classic) and here are my results so far:

(16 days in...)
    Weight - DOWN 4.2lb
    Chest - same
    Waist - DOWN 0.75"
    Stomach - DOWN 0.5"
    Hips - DOWN 0.75"
    Thigh - SAME
    Calf - DOWN 0.25"
    Bicep - SAME
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input. I will work on getting the equipment I need (bands and chin bar). =)

5's, 10's, 20's whatever you can handle. Target and Walmart carries adjustable weights.
  • AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I am on day 12 of this. My husband and I are doing the Classic version. I use 5 and 10 lb weights since I am not too muscular yet. I can see needing some 15s before it's over.