suggestions on what a reasonable daily calorie?

Options
So I'm now 292 pounds after being on here for about 8 months now so what should be reasonable calorie limit to be on? I stared at 300 pounds when I first started it suggest 1650 calories I did stick with that for them first half of the time I been here then in loweed it to 1500. So right now my goal is to hit the 200 pound mark. I mostly want to hear what suggestions of any kind that I may might change. My doctor from the woman center and the family doctor suggestions have been helping I would like to here what others think and see if those suggestions help me any.

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    kimmaltsev wrote: »
    So I'm now 292 pounds after being on here for about 8 months now so what should be reasonable calorie limit to be on? I stared at 300 pounds when I first started it suggest 1650 calories I did stick with that for them first half of the time I been here then in loweed it to 1500. So right now my goal is to hit the 200 pound mark. I mostly want to hear what suggestions of any kind that I may might change. My doctor from the woman center and the family doctor suggestions have been helping I would like to here what others think and see if those suggestions help me any.

So you started out at 300 pounds and after four months of consuming only 1,650 calories you didn't lose anything? Then after lowering that to 1,500 calories you only lost eight pounds om the next four months? You are eating way more than that or you would have lost at least 20 - 30 pounds by now.

Stay within your calorie limit. Exercise. LOG EVERYTHING, and WEIGH EVERYTHING with a food scale. Evaluate your eating habits daily. If you are 292 pounds, then 1,500 calories is too low. Have you had MFP determine the number of calories you should have? If not, do so, and abide by them. If you really want to lose weight. that is.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day, i weigh 196 and am losing about 2lbs a week, sometimes more. I think you are not counting correctly.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I agree. I also eat about 1500kcal a day, lose about 1-2lbs a week and weigh 173lbs. Something is off.
  • mlz1413
    mlz1413 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try logging your food with the barcode scanner as this can show what is high in fat and salt as well as the calories, this can help see if you are eating what you think you are
  • StaceyWhatsit
    StaceyWhatsit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a thyroid condition and if I go higher than 1000 calories I can't lose weight, (which is not fair when I go to complete the days entry it tells me I'm not eating enough so I just add extra calories that I don't have so it will complete the entry) anyway my point is every body is different, listen to your doctor and try to figure out what works best for you.
  • kimmaltsev
    kimmaltsev Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I probably should get a food scale I dont weigh my food so I probably am eating more than what I log in. But both of the doctors I see say I'm going in the right direction of weight. But when i weighted myself after the first doctor appt in June my scale matched to there.s but after my second doctor appt a few days ago my scale said about 10 pounds difference. So kinda confused. By that part by I'm just going by my doctors scale BC it seems more accurate
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kimmaltsev wrote: »
    I probably should get a food scale I dont weigh my food so I probably am eating more than what I log in. But both of the doctors I see say I'm going in the right direction of weight. But when i weighted myself after the first doctor appt in June my scale matched to there.s but after my second doctor appt a few days ago my scale said about 10 pounds difference. So kinda confused. By that part by I'm just going by my doctors scale BC it seems more accurate
    Sounds like you're getting some good feedback here.
    It took me time to find my zone when it came to calorie intake as well as exercise burn.

Best of luck!
    :)

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you don't believe your scale get a new one. But honestly you just need something that will give you an accurate reading each day. It doesn't matter if it's off compared to your doctor's scale. It just needs to be consistent with itself. As far as weightloss get a digital food scale and weigh everything. You should have lost at least 60 pounds in the last 8 months. No doubt you are eating a lot more than you think