weight loss stall

Options
Hello,
I started on mfp a little over a month ago again with the goal to lose 12 pds. I am 5'3 and currently weigh 123. I started at 132 and managed to lose 9 pds by adhering to the 1200 calorie goal. I walk 10,000 steps or more each day and try to use my stationary bike a few times a week for a half hour. I have noticed over the last 2 or 3 weeks that my weight isn't changing at all. A lot of times the scale will say 126 or so, then after 2 or 3 days it will go back to 123 but never less. I really don't know what the best way to get that last 3 or 4 pounds off. It is becoming very discouraging.

Any suggestions to get things moving again would be great ! TIA

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You know 6 pounds in one month is very, very good. Congrats on that!! Also, as you get closer to your goal your weight loss gets slower and your logging has to be more precise.

How accurate is your logging? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • sdstephenson1
    sdstephenson1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale for everything. I really try to include anything that goes into my mouth into mfp. right down to the bit of milk in my morning coffee.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you have gone 3 full weeks with no change ( including measurements) then you need to increase the deficit ( via more excerise since you dont want to decrease calories any further) or you can " reverse diet" back up to maintenance for a couple weeks then resume deficit.