229lb to 182lb in 4 months?

Is this possible? I eat 1500 calories a day, I do 90 minutes a day on my exercise bike, 6 days a week.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    That amount of weight loss is crazy talk. What's the rush? you did not put on your weight in 4 months and it will not come off in 4 months :#
  • JordLfc1993
    JordLfc1993 Posts: 7 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    That amount of weight loss is crazy talk. What's the rush? you did not put on your weight in 4 months and it will not come off in 4 months :#

No rush, I'm just wondering if it's possible. :)
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    I'm terrible at math but let me see if I can help you out. That's... 47 pounds? 47/4= 11.75 pounds per month. 4 weeks in a month, so 11.75/4= 2.9lbs a week.
    I guess it depends on how much you burn while working out, and your stats. If you want accurate food logging use an electronic scale. 3lbs a week may be pushing it a little. Maybe someone else can help you our further.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    47 lb in 4 months? ~12 lb / month? The 12 lb / month might happen for the first month, but could get hard to sustain.
    I suppose it is in the realm of technically possible but more than will be healthy, and carries a fair chance of removing lean body mass / muscle mass with it.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    It's not realistic to put a time limit on weight loss, some weeks you will lose and other weeks you won't, I have lost 50 lbs in 5 months but I also started at 295 lbs. I did not start out to lose that much in that time, it's just how it worked out.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    I think you could do it, but it's definetely won't be all FAT loss, a big part of it will be water and muscle loss, especially without weight training.
  • JordLfc1993
    JordLfc1993 Posts: 7 Member
    Okay thanks for your replies guys. If 47lbs isn't possible. I hope 28lbs is?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Okay thanks for your replies guys. If 47lbs isn't possible. I hope 28lbs is?

A reasonable rate of loss is prudent and more successful in the long run. You want to keep your muscle mass. You've got this :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Possible, but highly unlikely and not advisable. Youd need a c1400 calorie daily deficit and linear weight loss. Upi moght do it in the first month, but you get the initial water weight boost. It would also require you yo make up the shirtfall with exercise calories foregone. A lot of exercise and more than you are doing. So a no.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    28 is more realistic but it's still almost 2/week. It depends on do many things including whether ur at the beginning or end of your process. Follow your plan and see what happens. Planning your weight loss schedule is kinda like planning the weather. I say that after 14 months and 100 lbs lost. Also be sure to track measurements, strength, endurance, and other stuff uight be working on.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Is this possible? I eat 1500 calories a day, I do 90 minutes a day on my exercise bike, 6 days a week.
    I know you want fast results, but a 100 mile hike into the wilderness requires a 100 miles hike out.
    The short cuts are so very tempting.

Check out how MFP works, and consider lasting, steady results that are safe and realistic.

Getting Started
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

GOOD LUCK
    :)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just doing the math ... if you have 120 days to lose 47 pounds, you need to use up an additional 164,500 calories over what you 'need' with no slow up in your metabolism ... which comes out to an additional expenditure/cut of just over 1370 calories every day. ... which is too aggressive to do on your own. ... and your metabolism will slow down so you will have to consider that you'll progressively need a bigger cut.

Additionally you will not get the benefit of your same exercise routine ... you need to change the exercise up a lot with a lot of different types of exercise to stress your body in different ways. You would need to find ways to be physically active with endurance, strength, hard cardio, and it would take a lot more than 90 minutes a day.

Not to be a 'nay sayer' ... but the people who lose huge amounts of weight very quickly ... like you see on the TV shows, don't do it on their own and develope huge skin sag in the process. .... good luck.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'd suggest shooting for 1.5 or 2 lbs a week.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    I went from 210 - 185 in almost 3 months.
    I think 8-10 pounds will be more doable...but I don't think it's wise to put a time limit on weight loss. Just do your best everyday!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    12lbs a month? Dude, I don't lose that much each month and I'm post-bariatric surgery on a *literal* starvation diet under a doctor's care. You maybe *can* do it, but you really, really shouldn't.

Use MFP, input all your stats, choose the max loss it'll allow you to choose, follow the guidelines. What happens in 4 months happens. Even if it's just 10lbs, that's 10lbs better than you are right now.