Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    So ... add it. :)
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Machka9 is correct ... you can add the food yourself. I'm not sure how things look on the mobile app you may or may not be using, but on the website you can add foods to the database by doing the following (perhaps someone else will chime in if there is a better way) ...
    1. click to enter a meal into your diary as normal
    2. in the search box, type the name of the food you wish to add to the database (it may already be there)
    3. in the search results screen, click on the link for "Add Food to Database"

64rgur6367kl.jpg
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Try to add all the nutrients, not just the macros. Then it might be useful to other people as well.

Also, don't just make it for 300ml. Make it for 100 mls, 1ml, 1tbsp, 1 tsp. 1 cup.

by the way 1 cup is 250ml, and 1.5 cups is 125mls.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Okay, after another quick look at the menus on the website, I found a better way.
    1. Click on the "Food" tab
    2. Click "Database"
    3. Click "Create Food"

wwq6gv17jcb1.jpg
  • megwa2001
    megwa2001 Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Free user cannot add carbs, fat & protein

Indian cup is 200ml
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    megwa2001 wrote: »
    Free user cannot add carbs, fat & protein

Indian cup is 200ml
    You are not using the MFP program properly. You should only be using Quick Add Calories when you can not find a food item in the vast Food Database by using either a text search, or the barcode function on the mobile apps, when adding food items to your Food Diary. If you can not find a food item, you can add a personal food item to your My Foods list. All of these functions are available to all users.
    Please see these articles, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/80938-how-do-i-add-a-food-to-my-food-diary-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/525941-how-do-i-log-a-food-that-is-not-in-the-database-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/455840-food-diary-and-food-database/articles
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It is in the database. I had no problem finding it once I typed South Indian instead of southindian in the search bar. Make sure that you don't have spelling errors like you do in your OP and you will find it.
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's there, I found it too.