Options
2»

Replies

• speed3_bobby
    speed3_bobby Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tha
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Read this thread and the one it links too if you haven't yet.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10226536/bulking-for-beginners

Thank you yes i have.
  • speed3_bobby
    Options
    Giolis wrote: »
    A clean bulk is about 500 calories extra a day. This should voice you about s pound of gain a week. Average 1 to 1 ratio that means half a phd of muscle each week or 2 lbs a month.

A dirty bulk is daily calories over that. How much over is up to you to decide but there is a limit as to how much muscle you can build in a week regardless of how much weight you put on in a week. Therefore if you're too dirty you could be adding more fat than muscle. Which could be ok since you would be gaining you maximum amount of muscle possible.

With a clean bulk you could be missing out on some potential muscle gains by not eating enough calories.

I plan to start competing at the end of next year so i need maximum muscle and l can lean out and try to maintain as much muscle and strength as i possibly can
  • speed3_bobby
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    very very slow bulk

I just did iifym and had me at 4700 calories. I did my own macros with 40carb 20protein 40fat

Go with 50% carbs, 20% protein & 30% fat. Do a slow bulk & be patient. I'm currently nearing the end of mine.

Thats so many carbs to me lol coming from my old diet of only 150g of carbs. I like my fats alot as well. Another question would be can i still do cardio because im in the army and i would still love to keep my 300 pt score
  • Vschrump475
    Vschrump475 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a rule of thumb when bulking to match your protein with your body weight, i.e 220lb : 220g?
  • speed3_bobby
    Options
    Isn't it a rule of thumb when bulking to match your protein with your body weight, i.e 220lb : 220g?

I would say yea you dont really need all that protein but this will make sure i dont lose any muscle mass and idk how id do with anymore carbs or fat. Im still gonna play around with them and see whats optimal for me
  • Vschrump475
    Vschrump475 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I would say yea you dont really need all that protein but this will make sure i dont lose any muscle mass and idk how id do with anymore carbs or fat. Im still gonna play around with them and see whats optimal for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxgC_wDNfI

I would say watch this video to give you some direction on your diet.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    very very slow bulk

I just did iifym and had me at 4700 calories. I did my own macros with 40carb 20protein 40fat

Go with 50% carbs, 20% protein & 30% fat. Do a slow bulk & be patient. I'm currently nearing the end of mine.

Thats so many carbs to me lol coming from my old diet of only 150g of carbs. I like my fats alot as well. Another question would be can i still do cardio because im in the army and i would still love to keep my 300 pt score

If you want to gain, keep the cardio to one short 30 minute session a week.