Please help

Options
My weigh in day is Friday but I do have a habit of getting weighed every day. On friday my loss was 2.5lb but since then ive gained a pound back, I stop eating at between 6-7 I exercised yesterday for 2hours, im within my calorie goal and I drink 3 litres of water a day, anyone know what im doing wrong? Im losing hope with it, im trying so hard and now im gaining :(

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Don't worry about your day to day fluctuations. Lots of things such as the time of day, your sodium intake and whether you've worked out can affect the amount of water that you're retaining and so the scale weight. I also weigh myself every day, but track it in an excel spreadsheet, and only concern myself about my 7 day rolling average.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will always be days and weeks where you gain because of fluctuations. If seeing that is discouraging, then stick to your only weighing once a week.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Friday but I do have a habit of getting weighed every day. On friday my loss was 2.5lb but since then ive gained a pound back, I stop eating at between 6-7 I exercised yesterday for 2hours, im within my calorie goal and I drink 3 litres of water a day, anyone know what im doing wrong? Im losing hope with it, im trying so hard and now im gaining :(

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg

Also, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat. Your body doesn't care. It's burning energy night and day.

Plus, you don't need to drink so much water. It's not a magic weight loss elixir. Just drink when you're thirsty.

Try not to worry so much, and just eat whatever you like within your calorie limit. Best wishes.
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Driagnor wrote: »
    in on't worry about your day to day fluctuations. Lots of things such as the time of day, your sodium intake and whether you've worked out can affect the amount of water that you're retaining and so the scale weight. I also weigh myself every day, but track it in an excel spreadsheet, and only concern myself about my 7 day rolling average.

I only count fridays weigh In but I was concerned that I was going up. I have however Googled this after your comment and Im not as worried, hopefully good results on Friday :)
  • Natalierae886
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will always be days and weeks where you gain because of fluctuations. If seeing that is discouraging, then stick to your only weighing once a week.

Im abit obsessed with the scale, I have to see what it says so if I do go up I can try and do something about it before it goes up further
  • Natalierae886
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg

Also, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat. Your body doesn't care. It's burning energy night and day.

Plus, you don't need to drink so much water. It's not a magic weight loss elixir. Just drink when you're thirsty.

Try not to worry so much, and just eat whatever you like within your calorie limit. Best wishes.

Thank you for the chart, it has been under 3 weeks so ive took that into consideration.
    Slimming groups tell you to try not to eat after 6 as you've less chance of burning it off. And water is very important to weight loss, its also really good for your skin so win win :)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    It is natural for weight to fluctuate on a daily basis and as long as the long term trend is down its all good. It fluctuates due to hormones, fluid retention, dehydration, rehyrdration, amount of carbs or sodium consumed, exercise, medication, food consumed, etc etc.

If you try and do something about the daily fluctuations you will be constantly second guessing yourself and chasing your tail.

As long as you are eating well, within whatever parameters you are using to lose weight, exercise and drink plenty of fluid..the long term trend will be downwards it just won't go down on a linear/daily basis.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Im abit obsessed with the scale, I have to see what it says so if I do go up I can try and do something about it before it goes up further

My weight was up almost a pound today over yesterday. For it to be fat, I would have had to eat 3000+ calories over maintenance. Instead of worrying, I know that it's because I weighed earlier today, am in the middle of TOM, and had a dinner last night that was pretty sodium heavy. I'm going to do the same thing today, and hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be back down, but I could be up again. If you really do want to weigh every morning, the best thing to do is get an app that smooths out the fluctuations so you can see an average. Otherwise, the ups and downs will continue to drive you insane.