Did 100 jump Squats Yesterday

Options
Now My Chest Hurts Really Bad Is This Normal does Anyone Know Why This Happens? :(

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Now My Chest Hurts Really Bad Is This Normal does Anyone Know Why This Happens? :(

Unless you have asthma or something, I don't believe that's normal, no. Normal is maybe if you would have said your legs hurt. You should speak to a doctor or some other medical professional about this
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I can see how your chest would hurt if you had bad form--when you say jump squat, I assume you mean this one:

15qqaxczqmnj.jpg

I've never had chest pain with it, but I don't do 100 of them at once with my routine. Am I correct in assuming you went 0-100 on this?

But I'm not giving you medical advice here. If you think it needs medical attention, go to the doctor.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    By the way, if you are new to an exercise, don't try to crank them out! Do them to failure (the point where you can no longer maintain proper form) or do a small number of reps per set. Don't go "I'll do 100 of these" and then halfass 50-75 because you'll be in pain the next day and it won't be as effective.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    You did 100 jump squats! Of course you are going to feel it. Did you use your arms? Did you try relieving the pain with ibuprofen?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    If you had bad form, it's possible. You could also be having reflux like symptoms or abdominal pain if your core was engaged throughout. Don't mess with chest pain, though.
  • christygomez143
    christygomez143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah i always push myself to hard. Thanks everyone for your advice im going to see my doctor monday morning
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Those look like You Are Your Own Gym's star jumpers. Eeeeviiil. And I agree with the advice about if you are new to an exercise, don't push it or you'll face injury.
  • Dadof3bbg40
    Dadof3bbg40 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not being a jerk but do your boobs hurt or is it your heart???
    I don't have any girls hanging off my chest so I don't know but I'd think jumping up 100 times repeatedly would make them sore
    If it's your heart, I'd make sure you're ok....monitor it closely
  • christygomez143
    Options
    The middle of my chest hurts
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The middle of my chest hurts

The sternum? Chondrites. Sternum and ribs? Costochondritis. Inflammation of ribs/sternum.

Try aspirin.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    goin hard in the paint trying to get that booty
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    Those look like You Are Your Own Gym's star jumpers. Eeeeviiil. And I agree with the advice about if you are new to an exercise, don't push it or you'll face injury.

When I googled the exercise, a few different variations came up. That's what they call "jump squat" in class.

And yeah, I don't think I've done more than 12-15 at once! OP, I think you should go on youtube and look for Jessica Smith or Fitness Blender videos so you can get a more balanced exercise routine. Or if you really like this move for some reason, sprinkle it through your day.

And to the dude who thinks titty DOMS is a thing, it isn't.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I don't have any girls hanging off my chest so I don't know but I'd think jumping up 100 times repeatedly would make them sore

A woman that isn't an A/B cup wouldn't really do a move like this without adequate support
  • christygomez143
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

A woman that isn't an A/B cup wouldn't really do a move like this without adequate support

• christygomez143
    Options
  • christygomez143
    Options
    I feel a lot better today!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You're probably just sore. I wouldn't even see your doctor quiet frankly- but if it makes you feel better you can.