Can drinking fit in with weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• nicoletuncay
    nicoletuncay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Days where you want to keep your drinks in your allowed calories, exercise, then you'll have more calories to eat and drink.1200 cals a day is not easy, exercising makes it a lot better since you have a bit more freedom with food/drinks.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm having a Bloody Mary right now. As long as I log it and don't go overboard (I've had too many nights where the wine or bourbon flows freely and I conveniently forget to log) and then my weight loss stalls.

It's about 100 degrees out and the music is on and the pool is calling me. This is my favorite thing to do on Sundays so giving it up would be a bummer!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    ive found that i can still drink moderately and lose weight... my goal is 1520 calories perday .. when it's a day i want to drink ill just eat about 1200 calories and use the last 320 on beer , tequilla ect.... sometimes i go over that mostly on the days when i exercise where iam able to eat or drink more.. with an additional 150-210 calories at times
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Definitely, as long as it's not followed by drunk eating. I did it. i'm in college and drinking is huge part of going out for me
    yes look out for the cravings creept... drinking alcohol can lead to more eating for sure .. happens to me most the time.. and is why i did cut out some alcohol not all... i use to drink 5 days a week now i've reduced it to 3 *

• skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Jajaja...it's my Spanish laugh.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone !! I have a question for those who said to make it fit in the calorie allowance for the day. I know logically this makes sense but in practice seems impossible. So if I get 1200 calories, and I know 600 is going to be spent on beer, I make sure each of my 3 meals is only 200 calories ? I think that would work only up until I started drinking and then I'd want to eat everything, haha. But is that how you guys successfully do it ?

Counting calories is all so new to me so I'm trying to get a better handle on it, any tips are appreciated!! I do eat healthy and exercise a lot so the beers are not coming after a giant pizza or anything fun like that (tho a giant pizza may be followed by the beers...) but even despite the healthy eating, the beers seem to be getting me. One day I'll likely give it up but hopefully not yet !! Thanks everyone !

Take a more realistic look at your calorie level. Did you happen to choose to lose 2lbs a week? That's too aggressive for wanting to lose 16 lbs. If you can change your goals to lose .5 a week, you may get some more calories to spend on beer.
  • zane856
    zane856 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    rockmama72 wrote: »
    YES! I'm having a Bloody Mary right now. As long as I log it and don't go overboard (I've had too many nights where the wine or bourbon flows freely and I conveniently forget to log) and then my weight loss stalls.

It's about 100 degrees out and the music is on and the pool is calling me. This is my favorite thing to do on Sundays so giving it up would be a bummer!

I hear you- I'm about a growler deep eating crabs listening to music. Nothing is worth giving this up !! No wonder I can't lose weight haha
  • zane856
    zane856 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Take a more realistic look at your calorie level. Did you happen to choose to lose 2lbs a week? That's too aggressive for wanting to lose 16 lbs. If you can change your goals to lose .5 a week, you may get some more calories to spend on beer.

You Are right. I need to readjust it, trying to lose for my upcoming wedding but need to get my priories aligned. Fun before the wedding/kids come along but not enough fun to keep gaining
  • catbhn21
    catbhn21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also, and I might be weird here, but as long as I stay hydrated, I love a good morning after workout. Helps shake off shake off the hangover lethargy and kick start getting back on track