lack of weight loss

Options
I've been following a diet now for about two weeks and have only lost 1/4 of a pound.
I've been exercising 5 days a week for 30 minutes and am finding it really hard to
stay motivated. Any one got any suggestions/advise to make my weight move
a little.

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You probably don't want to hear this, but two weeks is nothing. I am guessing you didn't put your weight on overnight? or even in two weeks? you have to just stick to it and be patient. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you getting in your healthy fats and fibre? It could take longer too based on your age (I'm 42 and well you don't want to know how long I've been trying to lose weight) - the older we get the more stubborn our bodies are!

I can't see your diary so I don't know how to make suggestions, but I can say just stick with it, follow the guidelines, don't eat too low, make sure you get all your water, fruits and veg and watch out for alcohol.

Hang in there!
  • clairegrps
    Options
    I'm 49 and have been battling with this stone in weight for weeks to months. I used to be able to loose
    half a stone really easily as in I'd loose 2 pounds in a week if not more really easily. Just recently its stopped
    I cant get it to shift easily, I am eating my exercise calories back, or very nearly sometimes I'm currently abt
    2-300 calories short or my suggested !,200 calories. I'd love to be about 9 stone which is well into the right
    weight for my hight.. We are going away on monday for 4 days I've every intention to stick to my diet anyway.
    and just have the odd treet here and there!
  • clairegrps
    Options
    I'm 49 and have been battling with this stone in weight for weeks to months. I used to be able to loose
    half a stone really easily as in I'd loose 2 pounds in a week if not more really easily. Just recently its stopped
    I cant get it to shift easily, I am eating my exercise calories back, or very nearly sometimes I'm currently abt
    2-300 calories short or my suggested !,200 calories. I'd love to be about 9 stone which is well into the right
    weight for my hight.. We are going away on monday for 4 days I've every intention to stick to my diet anyway.
    and just have the odd treet here and there!
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    we can't help you if we don't see what you're eating. Open your diary so we can see.
  • kama5
    kama5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Since I started this I've lost 1 kilo but I do go up and down and up and down and now cant get past where I am.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Claire I'm 42 and I haven't lost anything in 18 months. So, keep trying.

1200 may be way too low for you. If you eat too little as well as too much you won't lose weight. You should never go under net 1200 in my opinion.
  • Crystaljk78
    Crystaljk78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started about 10 weeks ago and I've lost 8 pounds. As someone else on here told me: "It may take a while for the weight to come off, but then you're more likely to keep it off". I remind myself of that when I'm feeling discouraged.