Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Once a week on Saturday's before my long run.

I look at my fitness/diet as a weekly process. There's nothing I can do to make a difference in one day so why bother. Each week I know how my previous week's diet and activity impacted my body and I know if I have to adjust for the following week.
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Once a week on a Saturday morning, after I have gone to the toilet and before I have had anything to eat or drink. I don't have scales at my house (don't want the pressure of wanting to weigh myself every 5 mins) so I go and weigh myself at my mum's house.
  • SophyBlue
    SophyBlue Posts: 7 Member
    andympanda wrote: »
    evrey day. by doing so i have learned what causes fluctuations. I know when i have water gain, or readjust what i eat.

Ditto; same here. Weighing myself every day has taught me a lot about my body. Even weighing multiple times in the morning yields different and more becoming results. <3
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Once a week on Saturday's before my long run.

I look at my fitness/diet as a weekly process. There's nothing I can do to make a difference in one day so why bother. Each week I know how my previous week's diet and activity impacted my body and I know if I have to adjust for the following week.

Thats a good idea so if i keep log of what i eat and exercise if its a bad weight i can look back and alter it
  • michelepiper940
    michelepiper940 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2015
    Once a week on Sunday mornings. I don't want to focus too much on the scale. My main focus is my eating and exercise habits.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Two to three times a week and then take an average. I was trying to every day and then taking an average, but well, I kept forgetting so I just went to this.

I try and weigh myself at the same time each time I do it and expect there to be variances but as long as the numbers go down each month, I'm happy.

• yykason
    yykason Posts: 11 Member
    Do it every morning, that's how I got myself moving. If it's good then it's motivating otherwise work harder
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Once a week, in the morning, without clothes and before I've had anything to eat/drink.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Sometimes it's daily- sometimes it's 2x a day- sometimes it's only when I go to the doctor.
    Just depends on my goals.

Ultimately it doesn't matter when you do it- as long as you weigh in the same manner- same time every time. I prefer to do it first thing AM no clothes- after pee- before coffee.

if I'm double up- same in the AM- and then right before bed I repeat the process. (why 2x a day? just to watch variables and get a better sense of what my real number is- but it's totally an 'extra')