what do you eat for breakfast

Options

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This morning I ate baked salmon, raw zucchini and a grapefruit. Yesterday I ate watermelon, blackberries and fresh spinach. The day before, I ate cottage cheese, sliced banana, diced apple and almonds.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    k5aigglefz8b.jpg
    ipu5hxw8efif.jpg
    I need breakfast ideas. I don't have lots of time so it either has to be something that i can heat up at work or eat in the car on way to work. Eating at home before work doesn't usually pan out. I'm not a shake kind of person either.

Are you okay with frozen stuff?
    I've been eating the Jimmy Dean Omelets,
    I nuke one for about 45 seconds, stuff it full of spinach and then give it another minute or so, and eat it like a taco...unless there is someone else in the room, then I put it on a plate and eat it with a fork like a civilized person.
    jimmydean.com/products/Omelets/

• mlbquinn1
    mlbquinn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5nv881oy5bob.jpg
    That's what I eat
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    weekday mornings I usually have scrambled eggs and beans with Hatch, NM green chiles.

right now I'm eating a "Thai" porridge I invented...oats cooked in chicken stock, 1/2 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, poached egg, sauteed mushrooms with ginger and jalapeno; all garnished with mung bean sprouts, cilantro, and green onions; finished with juice of 1/2 lime...sriracha to taste.

It's awesome.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    k5aigglefz8b.jpg
    ipu5hxw8efif.jpg
    I need breakfast ideas. I don't have lots of time so it either has to be something that i can heat up at work or eat in the car on way to work. Eating at home before work doesn't usually pan out. I'm not a shake kind of person either.

Are you okay with frozen stuff?
    I've been eating the Jimmy Dean Omelets,
    I nuke one for about 45 seconds, stuff it full of spinach and then give it another minute or so, and eat it like a taco...unless there is someone else in the room, then I put it on a plate and eat it with a fork like a civilized person.
    jimmydean.com/products/Omelets/

While coffee is brewing I make a real omelette or real oatmeal or yoghurt with fruit, and also pack lunch for the day. Sometimes I think we're not as busy as e think we are.
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    With the exception of travel for my job, I have made the same omelette for breakfast for TEN YEARS. LOL. And I always make time to eat breakfast. I pre-cook the turkey sausage and mushrooms so I only have to heat them up [in the omlette pan] then throw in the egg stuff:

45g turkey sausage
    65g mushrooms
    1 large egg
    1/4 c southwestern egg beaters
    Spices= fire roasted tomatoes, sea salt & pepper

1 slice 2% American cheese

260 calories to start my day!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I usually snicky-snack on the drive to work. A bowl of turkey, a little cheese, maybe some roast veggies or some other veggie I have on hand cooked earlier in the week. Or a hard boiled egg and some fruit. If I have any made up, these pumpkin, banana, apple, oatmeal protein bars are great grab-n-go snacks or meals. Scrambled egg muffins can be made in advance and frozen. Just pop in the microwave for about a minute to warm up. A couple hours after I get to work, I usually eat a bowl of plain greek yogurt mixed with some berries and a little granola.
  • elizabetkptn
    elizabetkptn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whole grain bread with a tomato and feta cheese, it's delicious and fairly healthy. :)
  • colleen_mairead_xo
    colleen_mairead_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i dont know if i should even recommend my breakfast choices but they work for me! I work overnights, so I go to sleep around 10am, but the most active part of my shift starts around 6am so just before I'll either drink a small ice latte with skim milk and a scoop of slimfast or a Monster energy shake with 25 grams of protein. Either one gets me through the rest of my shift and I find I can still get to sleep when I get home!
  • kittybatman
    kittybatman Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There is a really easy recipe for oatmeal cookies and banana pancakes.
    1. For oatmeal cookies, you mix bananas and oatmeal and shape them in circles
    2. For banana pancakes, you take one banana and 2 eggs, blend them in a blender and wha la. Pop them on a pan.
    3. Enjoy.
    (literally takes 2 minutes)
    Or... You can do just what I do and eat fage yogurt and Swiss cheese :D
  • hannahkingfitness
    hannahkingfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    4 wheat bixs with 1/2 a banana, a sprinkle almond flakes, a little honey and some milk. :)

I like 1/2 avo + 1/2 table spoon of feta cheese smashed on wholewheat or rye bread with diced cherry tomatoes, some chilli and a fried egg too.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts. The first one is 1 cup whole wheat bran + 1/2 cup almond milk and mixed berries. The second breakfast 1.5 hr later is 6 egg whites with .3 oz of crumbles blue cheese in a pan, placed on 2 slices of toasted Alpine Omega 3 12-grain bread and a tomato sliced up. And then I go to the gym because by then I have eaten enough to fuel my workout.
  • mlbquinn1
    mlbquinn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mlbquinn1 wrote: »
    5nv881oy5bob.jpg
    That's what I eat

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an english muffin- Thomas whole wheat and egg white omlette. Sometimes i eat a bagel thin with egg whites and chicken patty. It is my version of the egg mcmuffin- without all the junk that mikey D put into it.
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I put together dry oatmeal at home (oats, sugar, cinnamon, handful of mixed nuts, and some dried or fresh fruit), then just add water and toss it in the microwave when I get to work. I also keep a pack of english muffins, and bring some peanut butter, and a piece of fruit. Covers me for breakfast almost every day. Sometimes I will also make some pie dough, line a muffin tin and fill them with eggs and spinach. So it is basically bite sized (well 3-4 bites) quiches. Then you can either heat them up or eat them cold.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownie and G2. Fiber one brownie because I need to fiber, and G2 because I hate the taste of water and that works for me. Plus, I can grab it on the way out the door and eat in the car if I'm running late!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I make tub o steel cut oats weekly. I put the 2 cups of dry oats, and 4 teaspoons of cinnamon in a pan and mix them up. Then I add 8 cuts of water and soak overnight. I heat it until it boils and take the lid of and stir every commerical and cook for 45 minutes. I nuke 1 cup of these oats with 2 tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter daily.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I buy the Costco sized broccoli. I microwave a cereal bowl of broccoli for 1.45 minutes. Dump it in a pan sprayed with Pam. Scramble 2 eggs with the broccoli. Sprinkle with johnnys seasoning.Takes about 5 minutes.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i alternate between 2 breakfasts at the moment - 2 days of 50grams oats + 20g protein powder + 1 tsp maca powder 200 ml almond milk + cinnamon - I dont soak overnight - I just bring to boil (then add teh powders!) and eat with either strawberries or apple or both or whatever fruit is there (150g ish) and 2 days of 3 eggs, homemade soda bread and a slice of cheese or cottage cheese piled on bread.

both are yum. Sometimes I have them for dinner too.
  • Deadcat66
    Deadcat66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd get bored with just one type of breakfast, but the two I have most of is 1. 100g frozen fruit, nuked in microwave, 40g rolled oats and 150g low fat natural yoghurt. 2. 2 egg omelette with fresh herbs and greens, whatever's left in fridge,onion and tomato, and 20G low fat cheese.

Used to have porridge with cinnamon , but I couldn't eat it without sugar or sweetener, and I've stopped both of those in my diet.