Losing 20 lbs.

Options
I want to lose 20 lbs in 3 months. I picked a concert as my end time so I feel like I'm working towards something. I'm having a hard time staying away from food. Any help with keeping the right mind set for success?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20 lbs in 3 months. I picked a concert as my end time so I feel like I'm working towards something. I'm having a hard time staying away from food. Any help with keeping the right mind set for success?

Keep in mind that if you only have 20 lbs to lose, this is an aggressive goal. Get in the mindset that weight loss isn't linear and its about lifestyle change, not fast results! It's great to have goals, but losing weight more slowly will give you healthier, more consistent results.
  • christine82728
    christine82728 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I knew going in 20 lbs probably won't happen in that time. If I lose 10 I'll be happy, I just need to have a high goal. If I don't, I will be too lenient with myself.
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I originally set out to lose 15lbs in 3 months. I'm 2 months in and have lost 7lbs. I'm having to let go of the idea that I'm not going to meet my date goal (we're going to Hawaii) and think of it more as a lifestyle change. It is a different change in perception, but necessary to be healthy over the long term and not just temporarily.
  • kathknight81
    kathknight81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, my constant thought that I don't have too much to lose has meant I've kept being too lenient, I've now just worked out that I have 22lb to lose
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Never give up. I lost 50+ pounds in 3 months. It's not impossible but changing food choices and excerise is vital.
  • kathknight81
    kathknight81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    tatho2014 wrote: »
    Never give up. I lost 50+ pounds in 3 months. It's not impossible but changing food choices and excerise is vital.

Wow that's loads, you must have been so strict with yourself... How tough did you find it?