My daily positivity thread

Dory_42
Dory_42 Posts: 3,578 Member
Starting today, I am going to post something positive every day. I am adopting the idea from another thread I saw. I will post at the end of my day, so I can list all the positives of the day!

Replies

• Dory_42
    Day 1 - 15 August 2015. Posting late as it was a LATE night yesterday and I have work today. Postives of the day were:

- Starting it with a beachfront walk with a good friend. The fact that this is a weekly routine does not take away from how great it is.
    - Getting to work with some of my favourite animals, including mom and daughter seal duo, Sammi & Lucie.
    - Enjoying a good meal with good friends at the Scottish Association function.
    - Winning a prize for best dressed at a Bling lunch function. This was also held at one of my favourite places and filled with some of the most amazing people I know.
    - A warm and sunny day which reminds me that summer will be here soon.
    - Lots of compliments on the progress I have made with regard to weight loss.

A pretty good day!
  • Dory_42
    Day 2 - 16 August 2015

- I got to sleep in a bit because it was rest day from training.
    - I got to show a new friend and her kids around work and share my passion with them.
    - I worshipped God with my CG family and served him with the new group he has drawn me into.
    - I got to work with amazing creatures

Another good day!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    “In life, you can't go back and make a new start, but anyone can start from now and make a new ending.” - Will Rogers
  • moonriverlady
    moonriverlady Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you for your daily dose of positivity. I love reading these. They give me a boost.
  • Dory_42
    Thank you for your daily dose of positivity. I love reading these. They give me a boost.

Yay! That makes me so happy!
  • Dory_42
    Day 3 - 17 August

- My favourite trainer / blue belt who is also a special new friend celebrated her birthday today so I got to spend time with her and all of our other friends celebrating the amazingness of her life.
    - My trainer again helped me find a way to train even while I'm tapering for competition, I will focus this week on Working at only 60-70% heart rate.
    - We did rolls in bjj and I got a whole lot of them right
    - I tried in some new clothes and found that the small fits me!

A great day!
  • Dory_42
    Day 4 - 18 August

- Improving in working out at a specific heart rate zone
    - A bunch of compliments about how I look
    - Not recognising myself in a photo (I really am much smaller)
    - Some time on piste! Competition is only a few days away...
  • Dory_42
    Day 5 - 19 August

- My friend/trainer helped me to pace myself in fitness to work at 60-70%. Still room for improvement, but getting much better.
    - Despite a freak accident, my friend is not seriously injured and will be able to compete at World's
    - I got to do karate again today. I don't get there very often as I can't prioritise everything, but I always enjoy it when I go.
    - I got to do fencing and bjj today! Two of my favourite things
    - I got to hang out with some great people
  • Dory_42
    Day 6 - 20 August

- Awesome weights session with one of my favourite trainers, followed by a good session of fitness with my trainer friend who helps me pace myself to stay in the right zone for this week's low intensity training.
    - Otherwise, a relaxed day at home and an early night, which is needed with the big competition coming this weekend.
  • Dory_42
    Day 7 - 21 August

- Got my provincial colours
    - Seeing up the venue for the competition
    - Finally got to have breakfast with my friend, we have been trying to do that for three weeks!
  • Dory_42
    Day 8 - 22 August

- Learnt more about repairing weapons as I spent the day as armourer at the competition
    - Got my fencing shoes
    - Watched lots of good fencing and spent time catching up with fencing friends from other provinces
  • Dory_42
    Day 9 - 23 August

- Got to help my Padawans (younger fencers) in the morning, especially my Nemesis who needed weapons fixed!
    - Got to fence in another national competition and got points against some of the best fencers in my age group
    - My parents got to see me fence in a competition for the first time
  • Dory_42
    Day 10 - 24 August

- Got to train at fitness and bjj at full capacity after the slow pace pre-competition last week.
    - My gym family was super supportive of my frustration with certain things.
  • Dory_42
    Oops, I don't get to this every day, but I still think it is a good thing to continue with...

Day 11 - 25 August

- Watched the kids class at my gym. They are so cute
    - Got to attend technique class for a change because didn't have fencing. Got to train some boxing routines with an EFC fighter! He didn't hit me, it was all about dodging...
  • Dory_42
    Day 12 - 26 August

- Trained with my friend who hasn't taken a class in ages, it was great fun!
    - Had great fun rolling. First roll with our newest blue and taught one of the new guys stuff
    - Getting my shoulder sorted out with my sports massage therapist, it hurts like mad when she does it but she makes me laugh at the same time
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    awesome!
  • Dory_42
    Day 13 - 27 August

- I got to do some fencing again
    - Double training session at my second home this morning
    - Great discussion with my small group tonight.
  • Dory_42
    Day 14 - 28 August

- Woke up with stomach issues playing up, but the good side meant this forced me to spend the day at home!
    - Got some spring cleaning started
    - Read books
    - Watched TV
    - cuddled with my puppy!!
  • Dory_42
    Day 15 - 29 August

- Great evening supporting my friend and getting inspired by other athletes
    - Cool goodie bag with free trial at a new fitness thing, supplements samples, Sun bed session and free coffee
    - planned the next months training
  • Dory_42
    Day 16 - 30 August

- Rain forced me inside so I had to have a relaxed day (even though I was at work)
    - I got awesome cuddle time with my pets in the evening