how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday's before my long run.

I look at my fitness/diet as a weekly process. There's nothing I can do to make a difference in one day so why bother. Each week I know how my previous week's diet and activity impacted my body and I know if I have to adjust for the following week.
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Saturday morning, after I have gone to the toilet and before I have had anything to eat or drink. I don't have scales at my house (don't want the pressure of wanting to weigh myself every 5 mins) so I go and weigh myself at my mum's house.
  • SophyBlue
    SophyBlue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    evrey day. by doing so i have learned what causes fluctuations. I know when i have water gain, or readjust what i eat.

Ditto; same here. Weighing myself every day has taught me a lot about my body. Even weighing multiple times in the morning yields different and more becoming results. <3
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Once a week on Saturday's before my long run.

I look at my fitness/diet as a weekly process. There's nothing I can do to make a difference in one day so why bother. Each week I know how my previous week's diet and activity impacted my body and I know if I have to adjust for the following week.

Thats a good idea so if i keep log of what i eat and exercise if its a bad weight i can look back and alter it
  • michelepiper940
    michelepiper940 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday mornings. I don't want to focus too much on the scale. My main focus is my eating and exercise habits.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Two to three times a week and then take an average. I was trying to every day and then taking an average, but well, I kept forgetting so I just went to this.

I try and weigh myself at the same time each time I do it and expect there to be variances but as long as the numbers go down each month, I'm happy.

• yykason
    yykason Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do it every morning, that's how I got myself moving. If it's good then it's motivating otherwise work harder
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Once a week, in the morning, without clothes and before I've had anything to eat/drink.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's daily- sometimes it's 2x a day- sometimes it's only when I go to the doctor.
    Just depends on my goals.

Ultimately it doesn't matter when you do it- as long as you weigh in the same manner- same time every time. I prefer to do it first thing AM no clothes- after pee- before coffee.

if I'm double up- same in the AM- and then right before bed I repeat the process. (why 2x a day? just to watch variables and get a better sense of what my real number is- but it's totally an 'extra')