Day 98 and needing some encouragement!

Options
It's been a few days since I've truly counted calories and tried to be healthy. Still running and working out, but this week has been havoc on food. I get tired of my variety and my self control is low when it comes to pizza or cake (which there's been a lot of cake thanks to birthdays at work). It's never too far gone to pick it back up, and I need encouragement. I know where I want to be, in my mind I've almost accepted that it just won't happen and I've hit a wall.

Replies

• clarela23
    clarela23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 98. I would say you were doing extremely well. I'm struggling with keeping a few days going and due to being unwell last several days well it's all gone out the window. I take my hat of to you. Look at what you have achieved so far, how long you have stuck it out for. Congratulate yourself and forgive yourself for the blip. I don't do guilt, what's the point? How much have you lost to date? What is your overall goal?
    Keep going, start afresh. You can do it, you know you can!! Take care
  • aud_ball7
    aud_ball7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    98 days is huge!!! What if you were to take a few steps back and review your accomplishments over the past 3+ months? Do you have a pair of jeans from before you started? That always helps me, to look at where I was when I began. I keep trying to frame, then reframe where I'm going and why I want to go there.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of dedication to make it 98 days. The fact that you're still working out goes a long way in keeping you on track. Other than pizza and cake, has anything else changed? You mention you're tired of the variety of what you're eating. What kinds of foods do you like? There have to be some things that you could try to help get back on track and add variety to your menu.