No Pain, No Gain?

Options
My fiance and I started P90x last night,and I've always heard that the day after you start it, you'll be so sore that you won't want to even walk. The thing is though, today I'm absolutely fine. I have a little bit of soreness through my shoulders, but other than that... nothing. Last night, I pushed myself to the point that if I did one more rep, my legs felt like they were going to give out from under me, and I could feel a really good burn in my arms... So what gives? I really was NOT active at all before last night, literally sitting down pretty much 24/7, so I was expecting to get it handed to me. I'm just afraid that I might be doing something wrong, and I don't want to spend all of that time to get no results.
So is it true, "no pain, no gain?" Or am I just lucking out with not getting sore?

Replies

• cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wait til tomorrow before you say you've got no pain... everyone i know either gets the sore muscles the next day, or two days after a workout. maybe you're a two day person. Or maybe you just won't be sore, which would be great!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I find that it's 2 days later that I feel the muscle soreness the most. Maybe you'll feel it tomorrow...
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Generally, I'm a little sore the next day after doing a major workout, but the day AFTER that is when I really feel it. All my Zumba family and my personal trainer seems to feel the same way about it.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Second day of starting or upping any work out is always the worst for me
  • shena_1
    shena_1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just starting working out and i started yesyerday,but i was only walking on my treadmill,did it for 1 hour,and today im so sore my legs really bad well my thighs,im sure your work out was better than mine :)
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone! =) It probably makes me sound weird, but I'm looking forward to the soreness tomorrow, lol!