Loosing weight while being a fussy eater?

I would like to eat to a healthier diet but would like to know if someone has any tips for a fussy eater? I do eat vegetables but not often and I only like them raw I don't like them cooked, I also only like carrots,tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and pickles. I don't like eggplant, broccoli, onions, peppers or mushrooms. I looked up recipe's but every healthy recipe I look at seem to have a lot of vegetables that I don't like in them. I assume some people have been though this before and would appreciate some tips. Everytime I eat out which is fairly often I try to not eat fried foods but since I don't eat Thai, Indian or Chinese foods ,I am always left with subway and I put all these vegetables on my sub.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Eat raw carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and pickles. Don't eat eggplant, broccoli, onions, peppers or mushrooms.

What tips, other than avoid what you don't like, are you seeking?
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Eat what vegetables you do like, sounds like you eat a good variety. The key to weight loss is eating less calories than you burn. If you like lettuces then salads are always a good option when eating out, and there is nothing wrong with asking for a vegetable side dish that you will eat.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Eat raw carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and pickles. Don't eat eggplant, broccoli, onions, peppers or mushrooms.

What tips, other than avoid what you don't like, are you seeking?

Pretty much what I was thinking... with the recipes, just leave out the vegetables you don't like, or replaces them with ones you do.
  • johnnyh55
    johnnyh55 Posts: 5 Member
    What about salad dressing, I like Caesar but I assume it's the most fattening?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Eat them raw then.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    You can eat cake and ice cream and lose weight.

Several companies make yogurt based or lite Caesar dressings.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Eat what you like. You may get to a point where you'll start trying different versions of the foods you like. I used to never eat bell peppers, then I moved up to eating the green ones, now I eat all colors, and I've been frying up peppers in olive oil with parmesan cheese this last 2 weeks. For recipes, unless it's vital, just leave out the bits you hate or work in substitutes of what you do like. I have a veggie fried rice recipe I use from a cookbook. It calls for mushrooms and bean sprouts which I don't like, so I don't put them in.

I am a picky eater and I've been fortunate to have a person in my life who doesn't judge how/what I eat, in fact he'll eat it if I don't like it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    johnnyh55 wrote: »
    Yes, it has a lot of calories. You could look for lower calorie versions and see if you like the taste.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    There are a lot veggies you didn't list. Buy them. Try them.

Unless you absolutely hate a veggie, keep making it in different ways until you find one you like. There are lots of different things you can do with veggies! So many ways to prepare them! You'll find some that you like.

If you want a healthy diet, you need a wide variety of fruits and veggies. So, keep working at that until you have accomplished it. It's not easy, but it's possible, if you do the work.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    johnnyh55 wrote: »

Why assume? Check the nutritional information on the bottle (or ingredients if you're making it yourself), weigh it out and find out how many calories you're eating.