Coffee Creamer

Options
Coffee creamer is killing my calories right off the start of the day. Any alternatives or just go for black... Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i weigh out my coffee creamer for each coffee. i use the 5% creamer, slowly cutting down on it. When i go through the drive through i get one milk. it just is taking time to get used to something different for me
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Land O Lakes fat free half and half. There's about 10 calories per tbsp. Do 4 tbsp of that, 1 tsp of sugar and you've got a 64 calorie coffee
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Sugar free creamers are only 15 cal/tbsp
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I use one tablespoon of half and half (full fat) in 16 oz off coffee for 25 calories. I didn't eliminate anything while I was losing that I am not willing to live without now, in maintenance.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I use nonfat milk.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Either fat free milk or mix half fat free milk with half half-n-half (quarter-n-three-quarters?).
  • Sectionut
    Sectionut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink it mostly black now but I transitioned with non fat milk.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I use 1 tbs of full fat half and half. I find that if I use a medium or lighter blend that 1 tbs is enough. Also I have a tbs just for creamer. :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use milk in my coffee. I like the taste of it and it's a good source of protein.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Vanilla or coconut almond milk.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I use skimmed milk 0% fat. Still gives me protein and calcium though
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Use less, switch to sugar free, or try an almond milk based creamer.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    stacys29 wrote: »
    Coffee creamer is killing my calories right off the start of the day. Any alternatives or just go for black... Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

How much are you using and of what? 1 teaspoon of half and half is only 6 calories.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I go black
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    try unsweetened coconut milk. Black coffee is pretty darn good!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing lots of folks using fat free milk. Don't they add sugar to fat-free milk to help the taste?

I've gotten to using whole milk again, and just being conscious of my portions, and i couldn't be happier!
  • jemhh
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    I'm seeing lots of folks using fat free milk. Don't they add sugar to fat-free milk to help the taste?

I've gotten to using whole milk again, and just being conscious of my portions, and i couldn't be happier!

I sweeten iced coffee but never hot coffee.

I use whole or 2% milk. Once in a great while I get skim milk and then I regret the purchase every morning.
  • freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    I still use flavored creamer, but I have a tablespoon and home and at work I use solely for that purpose. I got funny looks at work until I got all hot and such. I only drink 2 cups of coffee a day, so I'm willing to let it use up 70 of my calories each day.
  • jemhh
    Options
    I still use flavored creamer, but I have a tablespoon and home and at work I use solely for that purpose. I got funny looks at work until I got all hot and such. I only drink 2 cups of coffee a day, so I'm willing to let it use up 70 of my calories each day.

That's great :)

I make my own vanilla extract. My BIL gets a big bottle every Christmas because he puts it in his coffee. I think that would be about 34 calories per tablespoon (basing it on 1.5 oz vodka equaling 100 calories.)

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tried some other, lower calorie options, but my coffee just did not taste as good. I had to stick with my coffee mate, and just find a way to accomodate the calories. That morning coffee is just too darned important to mess with. :)