no weight lost

Options
last week for the whole week I was under all my goal totals, roughly I am on 1650 calories but last week I was roughly around the 1300's each day. When I got on the scales this morning I was 1 pound heavier, really disappointing when I'm trying so hard. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight? How do you log?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    1 week isn't enough time to tell anything, you have to leave it a few weeks longer.

That said, are you weighing everything you eat? Can you open your diary? Do you eat back your exercise calories? You may be doing everything right since a week isn't long enough to know, but it's worth checking now if there are any habits you could improve.
  • myspirit650
    myspirit650 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. It can be very discouraging. It may be water weight. So make sure you are not eating a lot of sodium.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. Your calorie deficit for one week may not be reflected in the scale that week, but over a long period of several weeks, your average calorie deficit and your average weight loss will line up.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If it only took a week, we'd all be thin. You have to consider things like TOM, water retention due to increase in exercise and normal daily fluctuations.
  • BOOTSMAN101
    BOOTSMAN101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian since 1981 and have always had a healthy diet and life style. I had my gall bladder removed June 2014 and ever since my weight has gradually crept up. I weigh and right down everything so will see what happens over the next few weeks.
    Many thanks for your replies
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Having your gallbladder out shouldn't affect your weight. I had mine out in 2010 and have no difficulties with keeping my weight down unless I'm eating more calories than I burn.

As others have said, weight loss isn't linear. Water retention can disguise fat loss in the short term, so watch long term trends. Measure yourself with a tape measure and track that, too. Sometimes when the scale isn't moving, you're still losing inches.

If you aren't carefully logging everything you eat, you may be eating more than you think. If you aren't using a food scale to verify your portion sizes, it may be a good idea to purchase one and use it as much as possible.