What results are you already seeing?

Options
Hey all! Two weeks in, and I was feeling really down about not seeing any results the other day, so for motivation I made a list of all the things that have already been improving. My list so far:

-I am getting a little stronger every day
-I am finding it easier to eat healthier, smaller portions, even on my bad days
-My boyfriend says my skin looks better
-Sometimes I actually feel excited to work out!
-I think much more clearly

It made me realize that although I don't see my body any differently just yet, eating better and excersizing is still doing me good!

What are your small (or huge!) victories?

Replies

• brandyrocs
    brandyrocs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try not to focus on the scale. Over the last 2.5 months my clothes are fitting better. I feel better and I am much stronger. I used to only be able to push through a 10 minute workout and now an hour wow. Those are victories to me.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The way I see myself is better. Like before I would get discouraged and be hard on myself. Now I try to always be nicer to myself on this journey and I feel a lot better emotionally because of it. Also I am not bloated anymore and my tummy is shrinking. Yay! :)
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The way I see myself is better. Like before I would get discouraged and be hard on myself. Now I try to always be nicer to myself on this journey and I feel a lot better emotionally because of it.

This is such a good attitude. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    brandyrocs wrote: »
    I try not to focus on the scale. Over the last 2.5 months my clothes are fitting better. I feel better and I am much stronger. I used to only be able to push through a 10 minute workout and now an hour wow. Those are victories to me.

Absolutely these are victories! Good for you!

I am still at the very beginning of this journey and am noticing the same things as you. Though I do weigh myself once a week and wish the scale had moved more.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My changes are these:

My depression is finally lifting after being diagnosed with Lupus, osteoporosis and a back fracture and NOT being able to bushwalk and climb (Albeit small) mountains. Changed my focus from the can'ts to the can's of stretching exercises, resistance bands and starting out with lifting weights.

I have been getting massages for the pain and that helps with mobility as well.

I have changed my food intake once again.....I realise now that I can't eat a lot of things that I used to due to intolerances and or the effects of meds. I don't get upset about this now - whereas before I was a bit on the Woe is me Why can't I eat like a 'normal' person.

Inner patience - I have been trying to be kinder to myself. It will take me a lot longer to see strength, endurance changes than many others. I can't go as fast as people of a similar age and I get tired very quickly, but I am going further than yesterday and moving more than the week before so I feel like I have accomplished something.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    5 months in, 31 pounds lost. People are noticing. My pants fell off at work last month and I had to go down a size of scrubs. My underwear is distractingly too big and my bras are not so snugly supportive anymore and tend to come partially undone while practicing martial arts.

I think weight loss is about to get a little expensive in the clothing department because pretty much all of my clothes are too big and to the point that they are not just comfortably loose. But I'm not complaining.

My knees are not as sore, I don't run out of breath so fast when sensei throws me repeatedly for 5 minutes. I can get to my feet after being thrown much more quickly and easily, I recently noticed that I have collarbones! On Saturday I got off of my horse out on the trail and was able to get back on easily and my mare is definitely finding it a lot less work to carry me on long rides.

I have learned to feel more satisfied on less food while still enjoying most of the same things I enjoyed before plus a few new ones.

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    ^^^@shadowfax congratulations on your wonderful accomplishments.
    With the clothes expense have you thought about trying 2nd hand ones....here in Aus. we have some awesome goodwill types of shops you have to be patient and picky but there are some wonderful bargains to be had. Of course underwear is a different matter....and I hope the loss of pants at work wasn't too embarrassing. :D
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I have more confidence which is amazing. Also, I can lift my knees higher and do more without getting winded so easily.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My clothes are getting the tiniest bit looser. I am getting all the necessary water for my weight and have vastly more energy. I have stronger nails that don't peel off in layers. I am getting at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day which makes me feel healthier. I can now do a plank for 80 seconds. I have worked my way from 20 wall pushups to 50, and now on to 10 table pushups. I am up to 40 regular squats and 40 plie squats a day. (Pinterest challenges all the way!) I have dropped .4 percent body fat in 3 weeks. I'm 7.6lbs lighter. (Which should be more since I started this in like Feb or March, but I wasn't really serious about it until about a month ago.) I'm less winded after climbing a flight of stairs.

Best of all, I'm increasing my quality and longevity of life and this makes me feel happier.
  • actualbears
    actualbears Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! I'm rearing these on the elliptical this morning and it is definitely pumping me up to be where y'all are!
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Finding bones on my body. Having energy at the end of a long shift as a nurses aide. Running up hills and loving the burn instead of quitting halfway up.