Excersize concerns...

Options
SAR1L
SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
I have put in roughly 2 hours per day exercise in for the past 3 day. I have been using the wii fit and doing balance exercises, on top of some of the aerobic. I am extremely dedicated to my effort of slimming down to my previous shape when I was in better condition.

I have noticed both legs a little sore but the left one seems more so. It is also tight and maybe cause it is being pushed harder during the balance exercises. So today I skipped the balance exercises and decided to do straight aerobics which would more equally utilize my legs left and right.

Is this normal, or is there any concerns or adjustments I should be make. Should I take a day to let the muscle relax of am I ok to continue pushing at my current pace as long as I am not in pain?

Replies

• katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    Every time you strength train(ie, balance board) your muscles break down. The soreness and fatigue are normal as the muscles are repairing themselves. Taking a break from strength training is good, especially if you're keeping up your cardio that is even better. The general rule of thumb is to have a rest day in between the strength training days. Listen to your body, it'll tell you when enough's enough.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You should either take a complete rest day or work upper body and lay off the leg workout. You shouldn't do the same strength training workout two days in a row and a two hour workout may be overkill.
  • jespop713
    jespop713 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If your muscle feels tight try some light stretching. If it feels sore like a good workout, try light cardio, walking or cycling. When you workout your body stores lactic acid in your muscles and the way to get rid of it is through your breathing. So you need to get the blood pumping to those muscles (light cardio) and increase your heart rate and breathing. Good Luck!
  • abbyholm
    abbyholm Posts: 12
    Options
    Certainly rest your legs. It's while you're resting them, not while you're working out that you build muscle. Rest is important too!
  • SAR1L
    SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    They get to rest for the other 22 hours my butt is stuck behind a computer for work and a little sleep... haha
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal also for one side of your body to be weaker than the other, and it's also normal that one side would be less flexible than the other. At least that's what a trainer told me :)