Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There was a great post in an unfortunately deleted thread made by a guy who tried it and on the night of day 2, woke up uncontrollably spraying poop all over himself, his bed, and his girlfriend.

If that doesn't give you a heads-up, nothing will.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Master cleanse... unless this is someone coming to do a superduper great job of cleaning your bedroom, just don't do it.

Although if that's what you're gonna do, then that's ok. Master cleanse for dieting? No.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Why not just take a bunch of laxatives and diuretics? Wouldn't this cleanse you? AND NO I AM NOT SERIOUS!!!! Count your calories and exercise - works every time.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    There was a great post in an unfortunately deleted thread made by a guy who tried it and on the night of day 2, woke up uncontrollably spraying poop all over himself, his bed, and his girlfriend.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!
  • fitkeke5
    fitkeke5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Relle209 wrote: »
    Anybody ever did the Master Cleanse to job start their diet? Is there a forum on here for support?
    I actually just got done doing the master cleanse... 14 days! It was incredible! I'm 6 days post have gained only 1 of the 12 lbs I lost. I thought I would gain more water weight back but I have been eating an 80/10/10 diets which has been helping me tremendously.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

TIL: kkenseth was not the girlfriend in this story.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    In case anyone stumbles across this thread and thinks it's a good idea, just don't. Even setting aside uncontrollable poop spraying, eating 342 calories, 90g of carbs, no fat, no protein, nearly no sodium and 75g of sugar each and every day is not how you fuel a body you care about. If you're looking to lose lean body mass, it's a fantastic plan. Not many people are looking to debulk though.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

TIL: kkenseth was not the girlfriend in this story.

Truth. I would not let my husband do a cleanse, ever.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

Most (if not all) cleanses are a load of bunk and can be potentially dangerous.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Eating 'sugar" on an empty stomach will spike your insulin and make you feel like you are starving. This is counter productive.

However adding spices like cinnamon, ginger, pairing black pepper to relase tumerics' properties WILL increase your metabolism some. I add them to every meal.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

me too!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Is that like what you have to do before a colonoscopy? If so, I've done it, but not for weight loss.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    s8tm7aywanwo.gif
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Eating 'sugar" on an empty stomach will spike your insulin and make you feel like you are starving. This is counter productive.

However adding spices like cinnamon, ginger, pairing black pepper to relase tumerics' properties WILL increase your metabolism some. I add them to every meal.

No, they won't.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Snake Oil!....CICO! ....SMH
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »

Yow ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »

How dare you haters and mean people judge a person for doing a useless unpleasant thing! MFP is for blind support!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

No this is bad advice
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op this master cleanse is ridiculously stupid idea . please research cico. There's no need for master cleanse or any other snake oil