Music for workouts

Options
Where do you download your music from? I haven't had the need to do so in quite a few years now and it seems all the sites I used to use are no longer! I have tried Rhapsody but come to find out you don't "own" any of the music and as soon as I cancel it's all gone. What do you use to download music that doesn't cost an arm and leg?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If you want to "own" the music will have to pay
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have started just streaming playlists from sound cloud
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not opposed to paying for music. I just don't know where the best places to go are. I feel clueless these days when it comes to this.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I stream from Amazon Prime since I'm a member.
    Realized with all the stuff the family orders I paid for the membership with free shipping in about 2 months.
    They have categories of music, one of which is workouts. Lots of choices.
    Was rocking out to ZZ Tops greatest hits today.
  • ncscott11
    Options
    We have Prime at my house but from what I was researching it didn't look like I could transfer the downloads to an MP3 player (if I read this correctly) and could only play on the Amazon music app. Is that the case?
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    ncscott11 wrote: »
    We have Prime at my house but from what I was researching it didn't look like I could transfer the downloads to an MP3 player (if I read this correctly) and could only play on the Amazon music app. Is that the case?

Yes, I play off my phone from the Amazon app. But I've never been into collecting music so just streaming is fine with me.

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I don't download my music cause I don't want to take the time. I just use Fitradio and stream it.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Spotify, and you can download to your phone/iPod if you're a Premium member. If you have a student email it should only be 5 bucks a month.

They don't have deals with every artist (e.g., T-Swizz), so I'd recommend checking out the free version first to make sure they have what you want.
  • megaiken92
    megaiken92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been using some playlists on Songza a lot; probably my favourite right now is called "Pick Up Your Feet" I think. It's under pop. Basically anything top 40; even though it's not really my style it gets me pumped. I'm been listening to EDM as well, for that. Spotify is really good too, but it has ads!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I use Spotify. I pay the 5 bucks per month and you can listen to whatever. I wish I could pay more to support artists but I don't use cds or mp3's really and prefer my record player.
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried using fit radio but it's pop-ups taking focus from my training app was a pain. Also 3 days in it tells me due to the high cost of streaming it will only allow me to listen to there pop channel. I switched to Pandora this morning but find it hard to create a good channel, have some great fast track running songs and then it plays a very slow track and kills the mood. But I guess over time it will get to know what I like.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes, I play off my phone from the Amazon app. But I've never been into collecting music so just streaming is fine with me.

I don't have Prime and don't pay for streaming.

But I am able to buy music from Amazon and download it to my PC. They have their cloud storage (this is the default for where my purchases go)....then I can choose to download to my PC.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    SimonT181 wrote: »
    I tried using fit radio but it's pop-ups taking focus from my training app was a pain. Also 3 days in it tells me due to the high cost of streaming it will only allow me to listen to there pop channel. I switched to Pandora this morning but find it hard to create a good channel, have some great fast track running songs and then it plays a very slow track and kills the mood. But I guess over time it will get to know what I like.

I paid for the year so I haven't noticed that. It was only $24. I like Pandora too but even on the stations I create I find that I want to skip to many of the songs and I don't have that in a paid version.

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Spotify. We recently joined Prime and I tried to use their streaming service, but the interface, selection and ease of use was pathetic compared to Spotify.
  • ncscott11
    Options
    I have these options for streaming but you can't do that with an MP3 player so I'm looking for options to utilize that. Pandora is good but you have to listen for a while when you aren't busy so you can "like" and "not like" their songs to really get a good station.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have these options for streaming but you can't do that with an MP3 player so I'm looking for options to utilize that. Pandora is good but you have to listen for a while when you aren't busy so you can "like" and "not like" their songs to really get a good station.
    Pandora is a streaming service. If you can use Pandora, you can use Spotify or any other streaming service. BTW, you can download music from Spotify on the $9.99 "premium" subscription.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I use rhapsody to download to my MP3 player. You are basically renting the songs for $9.99 a month rather than buying each individual song which would cost a huge amount more since we have over a thousand songs between the MP3 players in my house. I like Spotify too but you can't download to an MP3 player.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I like the play lists on spotify. Loads of hym ones which are a quick way to find new music.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually buy from Apple.

I have used Songza and Slacker. I've never looked at Spotify (can you stream it in Canada? I'll have to find out).
  • megaiken92
    megaiken92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Slainte831 wrote: »
    I usually buy from Apple.

I have used Songza and Slacker. I've never looked at Spotify (can you stream it in Canada? I'll have to find out).

You can! I prefer Songza but Spotify has some good playlists too; the one I've used has ads every so often.