Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30/6 week 6 pack

jmav87
jmav87 Posts: 11
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I began exercising with Ripped in 30 last week, although I only did it 3 days. But I was wondering if I can mix it up, meaning tomorrow do Ripped in 30 followed by 6 week 6 pack so I can have a 60 min workout. Would it be ok? I really want to work out my abs too and in Ripped in 30 there is not much abs workout.

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    That's what Ive been doing. But I only do the 6w6p 3 days a week instead of everyday
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    i'm starting ripped in 30 tomorrow & am going to blog my experience :oD excited & the 6W6P is intenseeee, i didn't finish it because i got bored but of course you can do them both, do what works for you... if your body can handle them both- then go for it! kick your butt into shape for summer! :o)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    I don't think it would be an issue I do a combination between 30DS and Ripped in 30. I like variety and by changing it up it helps me stay on track.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Shouldn't be a bad thing! I'm starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow as well as a schedule of SWSP - I intend to do SWSP every other day instead of every day...and Ripped in 30 6 days a week! :)
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    I do both because I get burnt out too fast doing the same thing everyday
  • jmav87
    I can do Ripped in 30 followed by some exercises of 6 week 6 pack maybe not doing it all, guess it's all right?
  • Summerleahd
    I think u could do the whole DVD. My schedule is
    Sunday-yoga meltdown
    Monday-ripped in30, 6w6p
    Tuesday-ri30
    Wednesday-ri30,6w6p
    Thursday-ri30
    Friday-ri30, 6w6p
    Saturday-yoga meltdown

I also try to go on walks whenever I can do burn some extra calories. Or I'll even take a rest day from the videos and just go on a hour walk if I feel I need a break.
  • jmav87
    Other thing, I don't know if I can follow the diet she recommends, I donwloaded to see how was it but I find it kinda hard to follow it. I'll try my best to eat healthy...too bad that after exercising I had some cookies with coffee for breakfast :S :S I have a weakness for that kind of food, I also like to have Special K cereal or granola for breakfast, sometimes I add some fruit.
  • Summerleahd
    I don't follow it either. I use it more as a guideline sometimes, but I have to eat way more then that bc I'm breastfeeding, but As long as you eat healthy and drink plenty of water you should be food

I have a weakness for sweets too. A big ice cream fanatic. Ive been doing better by just controlling the portion and not going over board
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    I own all of the jillian videos and I use them all in a rotation. I think it's a good idea
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    started 6 wks to 6 pk and it kicked my butte...holy cow!
  • jmav87
    I have now 1 week with Ripped in 30 and 3 days with 6w6p but I don't see much difference specially on my abs...
  • Summerleahd
    It's going to take longer then a week
  • jmav87
    By the way, I don't have weights at home so what can I use that can be a good substitute of weights?
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Soup cans are a good substitute for weights. Or filled water bottles.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    I am starting Ripped in 30 today. My plan is to finish my 30 days on June 30th. I would also like to include 6wk6pk at least a few times a week but to start I will see how I do on Ripped in 30. I leave for Hawaii on July 2nd and am hoping for some results before the trip!
  • jmav87
    Right now I'm on week 2, day 4 and I see some change in my arms and legs but still no change on my abs, maybe very little little change. I'm getting frustrated cause my abs are a real problem and I can't tone them down, I try to eat as healthy as possible and it's quite difficult to drink 2L of water daily, I can barely do that. I'm doing also 6w6p 4 times a week, don't do it all only the exercises I see I need the most but still no change :(:(
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    It's going to take longer then a week

:smile:
  • jmav87
    Today I did week 3, day 1...man that was tough and started level 2 of 6w6p, although still my abs are pretty much the same, I see a teeny tiny difference, hope by the end of week 4 I see more changes cause I see my body and it's still the same,
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    I have a lot of her videos and I just rotate through them because I get bored doing the same one over and over again. I try to do 6w6p 1-2x a week and have seen a little bit of a difference in my abs.
This discussion has been closed.