Calories increased after adding weight loss?

Options
Hey y'all!

I was just curious as to why MFP has increased my calorie goals from 1514 to 1780? I have lost weight and have logged it but I have only lost 14 pounds of the 70 I would like to lose in total. Even at 1514 total calories I would still be under every day (1300-1400ish). Should I just stick with the lower calories and ignore when MFP yells at me at the end of the day or should I increase my intake to comply with MFP? Thanks so much~

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Double check your stats - go through the wizard again and reset your goals. Sounds like MFP thinks something changed.

Last I checked, MFP will give a warning about you not eating enough if you try to complete your diary with under 1000 cals logged - is that what you're seeing?

~Lyssa
  • TEDRandall
    TEDRandall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. It has warned me twice when I ate like 1190 calories saying I should have at least ate 1200. I don't log my water flavorings so I know I am usually over 1200 by a bit.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Did you change your activity level at all?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    They may have changed it so it complains below 1200 - you're pretty close so I wouldn't worry about it. Do make sure you're usually meeting your calorie goal, though! Being under once in a while is OK but consistently being too low means you'll lose more muscle than you would otherwise, and that's not good!

~Lyssa
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would use a computer and reenter your stats. Sounds like a bug.
  • TEDRandall
    TEDRandall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Apparently the app on my phone has been glitching so after reinstalling all is well ☺ thanks again!