:)

Options
My question is, I am on the ketosis diet and I know that it does take a few days for your body to get into that state, I haven't had any cheat day for the past two weeks of doing it but lately I've been wanting to eat some sweets lol, would it be bad if I were to have a cheat day like once a month? And then get back into ketosis. I know it's something I will be able to do, I am determined to lose weight. I cut out sugar, bread, potatoes, rice etc. But today I just feel like eating something not so damn healthy lol. Please only useful advice. I really do not need negative feed back or anything like that! Thanks!:)

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    How low are your calories on average? Unplanned off-plan days for me usually indicate my overall calorie goal is too low
  • StephanieShankaran
    StephanieShankaran Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well my carb intake is 15-20g a day. And since I started my ketosis my caloric intake went down a lot because I'm never really hungry and I never know what to eat. I eat at the most 900 calories in a day @WBB55
  • WBB55
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That's probably not enough calories. No wonder you want a cheat day. I bet if you ate more calories -- including fat calories -- you'd crave sweets less and have fewer urges to eat off-plan
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You're under eating, thus setting yourself up for failure.
  • StephanieShankaran
    Options
    @WBB55 thanks! I didn't even realize. I mean obviously I know I'm not eating enough calories but I just never know what to eat without going over my carbs. I'm so focused on not going over my carbs that I don't realize how many calories I'm eating. Thanks for the help!:) if you have any food ideas on what to eat that's more calories but less carbs let me know!:)
  • WBB55
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't eat to stay in ketosis, so others may chime in. However, full fat hard cheeses like Parmesan and Swiss, sautéed veggies in butter and/or oil, high fat meats like bacon, pork belly, dark chicken, nuts, peanut butter, olives, avocados, and eggs come to mind.
  • actualbears
    actualbears Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was on Atkins for a while, they start you out at 20 carbs a day. I would load up on eggs, lots of meat, and plenty of veggies. Spinach especially filled me up fast, and still does. Try buying a big bag of spinach and cooking a bunch of chicken at once to use throughout the week, and then having a big salad when you're feeling hungry. Definitely focus on natural proteins, especially eggs and fish! Protein keeps you full and is typically low in carbs, as far as I know. (Granted, I haven't done low carb dieting in years, so always double check before you eat something!)
  • StephanieShankaran
    Options
    @WBB55 thanks!:)
  • actualbears
    actualbears Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This may help too. Article on low-carb healthy foods. :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If your eating 900 and using mfp didn't you get warnings every day to eat more?

I'm sure there are plenty of low carb suggestions out there since it's a popular diet at the moment.

How many carbs in frozen mint peas?
  • StephanieShankaran
    Options
    When you eat 20 or under carbs it tells you that you need to cut out a lot of veggies and fruits. They say you can eat a lot of spinach and meats and heavy creams. And yes they did give me warnings that's why I wasn't able to complete any of my days @Merkavar
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    When you eat 20 or under carbs it tells you that you need to cut out a lot of veggies and fruits. They say you can eat a lot of spinach and meats and heavy creams. And yes they did give me warnings that's why I wasn't able to complete any of my days @Merkavar

Ok I was just curious, your question seemed to be about ketosis and snacks but I would have thought all the warnings about under eating would be higher priority :smiley:
  • StephanieShankaran
    Options
    @Merkavar well the thing is I understand I'm under eating, but I don't feel hungry. I eat my three meals and that's it, I don't snack in between anymore, because I'm always feeling full.