Newbie From Australia

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Beka I'm 26, live in Australia and I'm happily married and have an amazing 9 month old! Long story short I have been told I'm a pre-diabetic so doctor has suggested diet & weight loss to help with my insulin resistance. I have PCOS and Endometriosis, I had gestational diabetes while pregnant, type 2 diabetes in the family and I'm a really big girl! I need to lose 48kg in total but I'm happy to be in the 80's but my ideal weight is 75kg.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I've never been this unfit. Its time to turn myself around and to live a happy and healthy lifestyle so I can feel better about myself and keep up with my son.

Please feel free to add me as none of my friends is on MFP. :smiley:

Replies

• jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have sent a FR. From Newcastle NSW :)
  • vaish1980
    vaish1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP, but I would say that Im a new oldcomer. I was so bad in keeping up with my food diary and exercise routine that I decided to call it off the last time. I'm here again - to try for one last time. I dont want to die by not trying. I'm 35, planning to get hitched by early next year and looking to fit into my beautiful wedding saree perfectly. My height = 170cm and I weigh about 87kg. I need to lose about 15kg to reach my ideal weight but one step at a time, my first goal is to hit below 80. I have joined MFP again so that I dont have to go around talking about my weight all the time. It has been a habit and I have stopped enjoying talking about my never ending battle with my weight to others. It is time to take action and get going :) ! Please add me and we can motivate each other :) !
  • CalaisCat
    CalaisCat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I have sent you a FR vaish1980 :)
  • azriisma
    azriisma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm also like @vaish1980, new oldcomer. i start join MFP on June 2014 but after knew that i'm pregnant i just ignore MFP :). now i'm come back to reduce my weight.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey Beka :smile: I'm Josh. I used to use this about 1-2 years ago until I just gave up and forgot about it. It was only recently that I came back here to help log my exercise and foods to see where I could improve. I'd be happy to have you as a friend on here so we can motivate each other :smiley:

Edit: I also forgot to mention I'm from England.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm Australian. 75 isn't very ideal unless you are tall. How tall are you?

For exercise you might enjoy the document i posted a link to on my page. Its just fast walking a few times a week. That's really all you need to do for everything. You honestly and seriously do not need to do more exercise than that.

What you need to do is improve your diet. That is the serious part. More nutrition, less calories. Its not hard when you have the time to cook properly. Of course if you do'nt know how to cook healthy food you have to learn. Trial and error, cookbooks, effort. That's all.
  • CalaisCat
    CalaisCat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry everyone! I didn't get s notification saying you guys/gals replied! @patttience I'm 175cm tall
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hello I am from perth!
    My health range is 60k kg's and ATM I am 85.9
    7 kg's downs!
  • tinabsays
    tinabsays Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Im from Australia- Sydney....
    Feel free to add me...