Evening cravings

Options
Riz72
Riz72 Posts: 67 Member
At night, I want carbs and desserts big time! I try to usually have a low carb healthy dessert on hand that I make. But for those cutting for example, do you do anything to make sure you don't overeat at dinner?

I've read some information on the subject (tiredness usually craves carbs).

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I often eat lighter during the day so I still have calories left over for an evening snack.

Tea could sometimes take my mind off food.

I found my evening sweet cravings mostly disappeared when I started following a low carb diet. When I ate it, I wanted it. Since it is now out of my system, my hunger is reduced. I know low carb isn't for everyone, but if it interests you, look into it.
  • banananiii
    banananiii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! No carbs, low fat, high protein. I usually go for oikos key lime or coconut
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When I was fat, I had dinner all over again right before bed.
    I just loved drifting off to sleep wit that ate-so-much-I-hurt feeling. Breaking the night binges was a huge challenge.
    It was a gradual work in progress until my meals stopped at 7pm.
    I made sure that final meal was large and balanced. Some nights I failed, but over time, keeping to my goals became easier and easier.

Good Luck
    :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    For some people it works to save more calories for late in the day. That way you could have a more substantial dinner and good sized snack/desert before bed. It might help to eat fewer carbs and more fat and oils during the day.
    Do whatever you can to get enough sleep. :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My favourite dessert is making protein fluff.
    Blend:
    10 ice cubes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tsp xanthan gum
    just enough water to blend

Blend till soft serve ice cream consistency. It makes 5 cups for me
    Top with cereal, chocolate chips, fruit, granola or w/e else you desire, eat with a spoon. *kitten* is filling...
  • Riz72
    Riz72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was following a low carb diet while cutting. I definitely think it was not enough sleep though.

Hard to make it a priority. But it's a must.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Riz72 wrote: »
    I was following a low carb diet while cutting. I definitely think it was not enough sleep though.

Your body needs sleep. Its our minds that dont want to sleep and start craving carbs or desserts late at night, unless you really are hungry, then I would suggest yogurt to hopefully help those cravings go away.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Riz72 wrote: »

I agree. I'm more likely to not eat well when I'm tired. For me, I try to eat small frequent meals throughout the day and a decent sized dinner. Of course I save enough calories for my bedtime glass of wine. Good luck!