Exercise Calories

Options
I know this question has been asked a lot .......but do you eat your exercise calories?

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am stuck...my weight is staying the same ...and I am not eating my exercise calories back. Seems like too much food! Any suggestions?
  • cheerfultammy82
    Options
    Hiya, I haven't been eating my exercise calories. Depending on how much calories you earn from the exercise maybe try eating some more calories and see what happens....
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat your exercise calories back. If nothing else, just ensure your NET (the total of the equation on your Home page) is at least 1,200.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    only on weekends and weekdays.
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    only on weekends and weekdays.

^ bwahahhaa. :laugh:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. If I don't - I find that I'm not getting enough calories and my weight stalls (and if I keep it too low for too long - I actually gain weight).

Everyone is different and will likely give you a different opinion on it. If what you're doing isn't working - try something else. If you haven't been eating them and aren't losing, try eating at least half of them back for 2 weeks. If it doesn't help, try eating ALL of them back for 2 weeks. And go from there. Weight loss is not a one size fits all experience -- we have to learn what our bodies want and don't want. :)
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    Yes, you should eat your exercise calories back. If nothing else, just ensure your NET (the total of the equation on your Home page) is at least 1,200.
    I feel like it is cheating to eat more than 1200- 1300 per day....even with exercise. Maybe that is why I am "stuck". I reallly don't like to eat more....I may need to try it on the weekends as suggested ! I have stuck pretty close to my calorie count. Just hard to comprehend something that is the opposite of what you usually do.....thanks! I do try to eat very healthy....lower carb...and lots of fruits and veggies.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If not losing weight I would give that a try, if net is under 1200 I would eat back the calories. You have to give your body fuel to burn fat or it will burn the muscle instead.

Make sure you are getting lots of Protein and Fiber and drinking your water as well. This keeps you fuller longer and helps burn fat and build lean muscle.

Good luck and Don't give up! Sometimes when the scale isn't moving you will find you are losing inches instead. Both are great!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    while we are talking about exercise calories i have a workout dvd and its a jillian michaels banish fat boot metabolism and i dont know how many calories i burn doing it?HELP :)
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    Chevygirl....great suggestion! Thank you
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    I feel like it is cheating to eat more than 1200- 1300 per day....even with exercise. Maybe that is why I am "stuck". I reallly don't like to eat more....I may need to try it on the weekends as suggested ! I have stuck pretty close to my calorie count. Just hard to comprehend something that is the opposite of what you usually do.....thanks! I do try to eat very healthy....lower carb...and lots of fruits and veggies.

Read the above again - he said "weekends.... AND WEEKDAYS"

you need to eat them every day. I've been doing this since January - and have lost 30 pounds. Acutally, since I'm close to my goal, I'm about to up my calories again....
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    If not losing weight I would give that a try, if net is under 1200 I would eat back the calories. You have to give your body fuel to burn fat or it will burn the muscle instead.

Make sure you are getting lots of Protein and Fiber and drinking your water as well. This keeps you fuller longer and helps burn fat and build lean muscle.

Good luck and Don't give up! Sometimes when the scale isn't moving you will find you are losing inches instead. Both are great!
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • 2youngatheart
    Options

Read the above again - he said "weekends.... AND WEEKDAYS"

you need to eat them every day. I've been doing this since January - and have lost 30 pounds. Acutally, since I'm close to my goal, I'm about to up my calories again....
    You eat them back every day???? and have lost....thank you! I will try this...but that really is a lot of food. I think I have just "dieted" or watched it so strickly that I am having a hard time getting it. I just don't want to gain any back...:(
  • Flyntiggr
    Options

You eat them back every day???? and have lost....thank you! I will try this...but that really is a lot of food. I think I have just "dieted" or watched it so strickly that I am having a hard time getting it. I just don't want to gain any back...:(

Yes - every day. Some days I don't eat all of them back - I just can't. Other days, I am right on the money with 0 calories left. Feel free to look at my diary - you can even see all the crap I ate this weekend, and still lost. Granted, I don't eat like that all the time, but c'mon, my sister made scratch-made cinnamon pecan rolls. Hell yes I was going to eat them! You have to remember that if you make yourself suffer or miserable, you will NEVER stick with it. You need to change your mindset away from DIET. This isn't a diet. It is a metabolism makeover. :)

I absolutely refuse to give up the things I enjoy. I just enjoy them in much more moderation now than I used to. You can even have a 'cheat' meal, and not die. The world will not end if you go to Fuddruckers!