Pot Stickers

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
My boyfriend made these tonight. He's made these before and they are always awesome!! Even if you eat too many it's not necessarily a bad thing! :tongue:

You'll need a pack of won ton wrappers, cooking spray and a can of chicken broth as well as the ingredients listed below.

Anyway - mix these ingredients together to make filling:

4 ounces ground pork
4 ounces lean ground turkey
1 egg (beaten)
2 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup fine chopped scallions
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Spoon the filling onto won ton wrappers, brush the edges of the wrappers with water then fold in half to seal.

Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place the potstickers into the pan until they start to get dry and turn brown and seem to be sticking to the pan a bit. Slowly pour a bit of chicken broth into the pan to loosen and release the potstickers then remove from pan and keep on a plate covered with a moist towel. Repeat until all potstickers are cooked.

The pack of won ton wrappers we buy come in quantities of 48 and is always exactly enough for the filling to be used up.

One serving of 8 pieces has:

cal 278
fat 7
sat fat 2
pro 16
fiber 1
carb 35
sug 0
sod 15
calc 0

Replies

• Wolfena
    Options
    My boyfriend made these tonight. He's made these before and they are always awesome!! Even if you eat too many it's not necessarily a bad thing! :tongue:

You'll need a pack of won ton wrappers, cooking spray and a can of chicken broth as well as the ingredients listed below.

Anyway - mix these ingredients together to make filling:

4 ounces ground pork
    4 ounces lean ground turkey
    1 egg (beaten)
    2 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup fine chopped scallions
    1 Tbsp light brown sugar
    2 tsp worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp ketchup
    1 tsp yellow mustard
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Spoon the filling onto won ton wrappers, brush the edges of the wrappers with water then fold in half to seal.

Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place the potstickers into the pan until they start to get dry and turn brown and seem to be sticking to the pan a bit. Slowly pour a bit of chicken broth into the pan to loosen and release the potstickers then remove from pan and keep on a plate covered with a moist towel. Repeat until all potstickers are cooked.

The pack of won ton wrappers we buy come in quantities of 48 and is always exactly enough for the filling to be used up.

One serving of 8 pieces has:

cal 278
    fat 7
    sat fat 2
    pro 16
    fiber 1
    carb 35
    sug 0
    sod 15
    calc 0
  • lovesanirishman
    Options
    Yum!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Wow...that is a awesome recipe...My husband LOVES Pot Stickers, but I usually buy the frozen ones...but the nutrients is soooo much better in this recipe...I will definatly be making these...thank you soooo much, my husband will thank you too.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    omg I hope lauren is not lurking. I just gave up Chinese again.

Sounds yummy

I know everything in moderation.

But, these are great!!!!! It will take the craving away. Yea!!!!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Wolfena
    Options
    A lot of the recipes you will find for potstickers tell you to fry them in oil... but we just ignore that. That just racks the calories up SOOOOO fast! Perhaps "My" potstickers aren't quite as crispy, but they have a great flavor.

It does take him awhile to get everything together..... plan on 45 - 60 minutes prep time. But cook time is less than 15!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    A lot of the recipes you will find for potstickers tell you to fry them in oil... but we just ignore that. That just racks the calories up SOOOOO fast! Perhaps "My" potstickers aren't quite as crispy, but they have a great flavor.

That is so true. Thank you for posting.

Kathy
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I :heart: potstickers!!! Thank you so much for this!!