Any Couch to 5k people out there?

Options
If so, I'm on week 2 on my C25k & love it. I'm not an experienced runner. Any running/jogging tips would be great.

Replies

• Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you.... I did this last year and loved it !! Then I went to 3rd shift and my world got turned upside down.. so just now getting back into working out !!!
  • cynthiahalvorsen
    cynthiahalvorsen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 also. I use to hate running, but I am loving this program. Trying to aim for a 5k at the end of October.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4, but did this program a few years ago (before children!). Its great, just remember to slow down if you have to! Speed will come later, just work on your endurance.
    Good luck to us all!
  • Jacee714
    Jacee714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Great advice. Good look to everyone!
  • melholmes80
    melholmes80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today was w3d1 and the first time I made the switch from time based to distance based. I run on the track so having the visual of running 200m or 400m vs 90 sec seemed more appealing to me. However, switching to distance based I needed to do 1.5X the workout to get in 20 min of running. What does everyone else go with time based or distance based? Or does it matter as long as I'm running? Love to hear what's worked for others, thanks.
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I loved it but then I got really bad shin splints. Now I'm doing lots of toe lifts to prevent them before I start again. Hopefully I can finish it this time!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W5D3 here. I love it. I did the same program three years ago (never was into running before then) and ended up with an amazing time in a race I did. Life happened and I stopped running until recently. I am doing the same race I did three years ago, Zoo Run Run :), and I am intent on being faster! I did it in 24:29 three years ago. We'll see, am very slow at the moment :)

A few things proved important to me (others might have different things): 1. good shoes, 2. slow start and following the program well is key to avoid injury, 3. watch youtube videos about how to run efficiently and in a way to avoid injury, 4. push yourself a bit, 5. have good workout music!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just did W5D2. Cannot believe I can run for 8 minutes straight!!

My advice is to take the runs slowly if you need to and trust the program.