Everything's Bigger in TX, Including My *kitten*

Moved to from NYC to ATX 3 years ago, and have packed on 25 lbs. MISERABLE over it. Not only do I not fit into any of my clothes, but I couldn't be more uncomfortable in my body. Trying this out bc my bestie has dropped close to 30 lbs since April using this. Any helpful advice? Thanks!

Replies

• Nathan121383
    Nathan121383 Posts: 49 Member
    It's cause the food is so good there. Went to San Antonio last year. Man I ate good there. Just track your food and exercise. You will do well
  • kz_dc
    kz_dc Posts: 23 Member
    I found when I moved from NYC to ATX, I walked much less. I miss NY! Good luck. If you are back to watching what you eat and how you exercise, you should be back down soon enough.
  • Chris__SC
    Chris__SC Posts: 13 Member
    Watch what you eat and do as much physical activity as you can in your free time.
  • SavageLettuce
    SavageLettuce Posts: 3 Member
    The food here is really off the hook and the portions? Fuggedaboudit. Huuuuge!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Moved to SA TX a couple years ago and gained as well. I'm finding the heat presents a challenge for getting outside for exercise but can be somewhat avoided by going out early morning or right around sundown. Using a food scale will give you the best accuracy for tracking your calorie intake. Good luck!
  • mjenkins74mj
    mjenkins74mj Posts: 59 Member
    No advice here just thought your thread title was hilarious.... :D
  • ChallengerMopar
    ChallengerMopar Posts: 12 Member
    LoL
  • whoiskeely
    whoiskeely Posts: 8 Member
    Moved to from NYC to ATX 3 years ago, and have packed on 25 lbs. MISERABLE over it. Not only do I not fit into any of my clothes, but I couldn't be more uncomfortable in my body. Trying this out bc my bestie has dropped close to 30 lbs since April using this. Any helpful advice? Thanks!

Yeah, this heat is killer. Hard to work out in. A belated welcome to this food loving state. I just joined a gym because well let's face it, the closest to exercise I'll do outside is going to and from my car.
    My best advice is to join a gym, religiously drink the right amount of water. Count calories. And yeah.
    What I'm doing is giving up breads and sodas as well as sugary sweets. My aunt did it and lost 40lbs in 4 months.
    So if you're a go hard or go home person like me. Think about that option. It's hard as hell though, ugh haha
    Good luck Homita.
  • KaiUneeda
    KaiUneeda Posts: 46 Member
    "All things in moderation." I know it is easier said than done, but once you see results it will be all the inspiration you need. I am in North Texas, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • NikkiGirl1004
    NikkiGirl1004 Posts: 11 Member
    I moved at the beginning of the year from PA to Dallas, big change for me. My husband and I said when we move, we were changed habits, well that's easier said then done. I've recently went to the doctor, and decided to change my habits, even if the hubby doesn't do it with me. I've started walking one a week, and slowly going to work in going to the fitness center in the apartment complex, including going to boot camp once a week. I figured baby steps. Feel free to add me.
  • reefyftw
    reefyftw Posts: 9 Member
    I moved here from NYC to Dallas and I packed on weight too. Gained 30 pounds and hated myself. On my way changing my lifestyle again to a better one. Used to work at a gym but now I'm in banking. Feel free to add me
  • Dadof3bbg40
    Dadof3bbg40 Posts: 153 Member
    No advice here just thought your thread title was hilarious.... :D

That!!! I'm cracking up!!!