lose weight with the law of attraction?

Options
ldg2779
ldg2779 Posts: 26 Member
Im confused..the book called secret the law of attraction. Anyone who succeed with this? Just by "ask believe recieve"they said what u believe and think will come true..dont have to think about how much u eat and no need to exercise its about what u think of your body is the body now.please help me

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.

The universe owes you NOTHING (except decreasing entropy). If you want it, you have to put some sort of effort into it.
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    By not thinking about what you eat, or not being conscious of what you're putting into your body is probably how you got here in the first place.

I would say it probably isn't worth it and you should definitely re-consider your approach to weight loss. It takes a lot of work and effort to lose weight and keep it off for life; definitely more effort than just thinking about it.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I suggest losing weight using the laws of thermodynamics.

Much better rate of return...
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Yes, the good old Prosperity Gospel. While it's good to have a positive attitude at some point physics, thermodynamics, and biology take over. If your diet is a mess and you're a couch potato and some point you're going to have to put fourth the effort and make certain changes in your life if you want to achieve those fitness goals, or any goals really.
  • ldg2779
    Options
    Thanks for the comments so i should just get back to what normal people would do right?im ifjust wondering is law of attraction true?
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ldg2779 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments so i should just get back to what normal people would do right?im ifjust wondering is law of attraction true?

Depends "what normal people do" means to you. Most normal people seem to eat crap and not really think about it. Some gain weight, some float around the same weight, and some are conscious of their weight and cycle between normal crap loads and lighter crap loads to lose weight.

Personally, I'd rather be pretty awesome, measure everything that I eat (even the ice cream), and map my weight loss. It's basic science. Positive thinking is a good thing, but good intentions cannot be the only thing you approach every problem with.
  • ldg2779
    Options
    Oh i meant the normal people who are healthy,i taught law of attraction was really good. But as i can see....i should get back to excersice and healthy eating
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction
    ^ I'll save time and not bother coming up with snark about the laws of attraction. RW probably has it covered.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the book. My skepticism radar bleeped overtime.

I'm not confused, worked with a team of experts, logged all my food, ate at a deficit, and lost a lot of weight.

There are studies that seem to indicate that dieters lose better if they spend time with friends doing the same.
    http://freakonomics.com/2008/10/08/faith-based-dieting/comment-page-2/
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I was really interested in the Law of Attraction, so I did an experiment. From about October of 2014 through today's date, I've done nothing but envision a fully functional MFP website, forums with unfettered, adult conversations that truly help people manage their fitness goals, and a community united in support for rational approaches to meeting those goals. I'm still analyzing the data, but a preliminary review appears to show that this experiment has thoroughly debunked the Law of Attraction.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the concept of "like attracts like".
    Since transforming my health, my fat friends have drifted away...and I have made new connections with others of common interest.
    It's been nice.
    As for the whole movement, who knows?
    I am always wary of anything too popular with gurus making millions off gullible members of the pathetic human herd. If the law of attraction is real, just let it work, but pay nobody anything to use it.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Options
    I was really interested in the Law of Attraction, so I did an experiment. From about October of 2014 through today's date, I've done nothing but envision a fully functional MFP website, forums with unfettered, adult conversations that truly help people manage their fitness goals, and a community united in support for rational approaches to meeting those goals. I'm still analyzing the data, but a preliminary review appears to show that this experiment has thoroughly debunked the Law of Attraction.

It's only the law of attraction - not the creation of miracles... :p

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

So, are you saying I shouldn't be sprinkling my computer with holy water every time I see a shakeology thread?
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Options

So, are you saying I shouldn't be sprinkling my computer with holy water every time I see a shakeology thread?
    EPIC!!!
    I just sprinkled my keyboard with the tea I was drinking...lol

• ldg2779
    Options
    Law of attraction...some says its fake some says its real..i really dont know if im going to use this or not
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    I suggest losing weight using the laws of thermodynamics.

Much better rate of return...

LMAO ::high five::
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, if the Laws of Attraction work, how could anyone ever doubt the originators? As I can doubt the Laws of Attraction, it would imply the Laws of Attraction didn't work for the gurus coming up with it, therefore, it doesn't work.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I say cover all your bases - use MFP to log your food and exercise and hit your calories goal. PLUS think positive and go through your day assuming the universe will give you the healthy body you want. Your state of mind will certainly help you stick to your plan and reach your goal.

Personally, I'm a firm believer that if the Universe (fate, God, luck, whatever else you want to call it) "gives" you anything, it's what you work for, not what you want or expect to get.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

So true! :lol: